PZL.37

AlexM

It is a fact that I have not expressed myself precisely because I am looking at it through the prism of my country's history. 100 years ago, Poland regained its independence after the end of the First World War. Slightly simplifying, the Polish lands were seized by three invaders Austria, Russia and Germany for a period of about 120 years. In the recovered territories, the occupiers left behind various things, including factories. One of them produced ammunition and aerial bombers. Because it was a former German factory and technology and production patterns were German, so were these bombs. It was not until the end of the thirties of the twentieth century that the bombs of Polish construction were put into use (cylindrical) but until the outbreak of the Second World War, not a significant number of them were manufactured, the old pattern bombs were used. They were called "German", although they were produced in Poland.

Your reference materials are OK
:)

Thanks for the info, learned something again :D

More bombs are on the way, as well as the oil coolers. The coolers aren't fully accurate. According to my messurment, the cooling ribs should be about 0,25 mm apart, but I didn't receive good printing results, as this was too small. Now, the ribs are a bit wider apart (with consequently less ribs than the real thing), but I'm still happy with the result:

SEGpEcv.jpg

toeC0Xn.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Edited by AlexM

The parts are beautiful Alex. I am just stunned by the work you are doing! I would love to have a kit of this aircraft...actually anything Polish in 1/32. What you are doing is magic.

As for the number of ribs on the radiators...I wouldn't worry about the opinion of anyone who is going to count and complain about the number of ribs on coolers under the wings. :D

Richard

You would have to use PE to duplicate those cooling fins, I'm not sure if even the best SLA printer could duplicate those to scale let alone a DPL.

I think they look fine..:bow:

You could do a test and change the orientation a bit if you want to get a few more fins in there.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:02 PM, R Palimaka said:

The parts are beautiful Alex. I am just stunned by the work you are doing! I would love to have a kit of this aircraft...actually anything Polish in 1/32. What you are doing is magic.

As for the number of ribs on the radiators...I wouldn't worry about the opinion of anyone who is going to count and complain about the number of ribs on coolers under the wings. :D

Richard

On 11/12/2018 at 4:38 AM, SCRATCH BUILDER said:

You would have to use PE to duplicate those cooling fins, I'm not sure if even the best SLA printer could duplicate those to scale let alone a DPL.

I think they look fine..:bow:

You could do a test and change the orientation a bit if you want to get a few more fins in there.

Rib counting is the new rivet counting :rofl:

I'll take the coolers as they are. After a bit of photo forgery , they look accurate :D

Y87kPXn.jpg

I also made the instrument panel, with this as a reference:

https://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/polish-aircraft-1939-instrument-panels

The panel itself was 3d printed. The dials are simply (2d) printed on paper, punched, an put into place. At the end, they got a drop of clear resin for glass effect. The printed dials are pretty rough, and can be in no way compared to lets say Yahu products. But they serve their purpose:

LMwUP4r.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Hi there,

I though about the engine nacelles, especially the lower parts. The original (grey) parts needed cut-outs after printing for the landing gear, and some scribing at the rear for the doors, which apparently are closed on most of the period photos I'm aware of.

But I HATE scribing! So much that can go wrong :BANGHEAD2:

Therefore, I modified the existing 3d-model, so they now already have the cut-out, and some recessed lines for the rear doors. The new printed (green) parts will benefit from some sanding, for sure, but the recessed lines are looking promising.

FBo6i4t.jpg

Cheers

Alex