PZL.37

AlexM

Hi there,

I just received a little box, containing the printed nose frame:

klg0XYS.jpg

GLqjfMY.jpg

I'm pretty impressed by the print quality, great stuff. Some of the struts are just 0,8 x 0,8 mm wide. And it actually fits into the vacuformed nose :frantic:

0QgSyNT.jpg

Now wish me luck not to break the frame during construction :)

Alex

• 6 months later...

Thanks, Kev!

I haven't forgotten my older started but still unfinished projects. With my new printer (Anycubic Photon), I thought it was time to print some "raining iron", which was the motto of  the group build. I made some "100 kg Z wz.31 destructive bombs" (according to my reference). The PZL.37  could carry 16 of those within the wing bomb bays (and aditional bombs in the center fuselage bomb bay, which is closed on my model) - pretty impressive for such a comparatively compact bomber of 1939. I also continued with the actual bomb bays (old school: cut and drilled styrene plates and profiles).

jhhsE02.jpg

UJtXboT.jpg

Cheers

Alex

10 hours ago, matejko77 said:

A brilliant job :bow:
I like the use of 3D printing in modeling, in the future I intend to use this technique to build the model.

Hey, thanks! Do you happen to know which color the Polish bombs had? Maybe the same green-brown camo color of the aircraft?

Hey, thanks! Do you happen to know which color the Polish bombs had? Maybe the same green-brown camo color of the aircraft?

According to the book documentation available to me, the "German" bombs (the ones you did) were painted gray with oil paint (the paint was not specified).

Look here:

http://www.pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=86689
I think it's a good example and you can paint bombs in your model.

Thanks, Dennis!

On 11/4/2018 at 9:17 PM, matejko77 said:

According to the book documentation available to me, the "German" bombs (the ones you did) were painted gray with oil paint (the paint was not specified).

Look here:

http://www.pwm.org.pl/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=86689
I think it's a good example and you can paint bombs in your model.

Nice, that's some inspiration. One question, since I'm not too familiar with Polish equipment: What were "German" bombs in this context? I made the bombs according to this upper drawing in my reference book:

ZZDlp4m.jpg

In the meantime, I printed some bomb bay doors. 3d printing makes things easier, since I need 32 seperate doors :D

lcfqiXI.jpg

Cheers

Alex