Resin2detail 1/32 B26 Marauder

phantom

Flak Bait is a B-26B-25. She's currently in the UH facility and is most likely undergoing restoration. I'm not that familiar with the Martin marauder so if the kit has the short wings, it's definitely an earlier block than ole flak bait.

Jug - I was going to write an article on Flak Bait and talked with a few people at UH. Yes. Flak Bait is being put back together for the first time since 1946 but she's not being restored. More like "preserved". According to what I was told, unlike a lot of restorations, Flak Bait will be reassembled (most of her has been in storage since 1946) and they will minimally fix things to put her back together but intend on leaving her just as she was at the end of the war.

That being said, someone PLEASE give us a really nice 1/32 B-26!!!! Yes PLEASE! :)

-Ro

Guest Vulcan32

Wow and a 1/32 Heinkel He-177 Greif.

Cees

One of my favourite aircraft, I hope we will get it in 1/32 some day. Sadly I have a "No" from HpH.

Now if you guys seriously want a 1/32 special order B-26 Marauder kit, why not buy one that has already been developed for $114.00?

https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=28226&cat=Military%20Aircraft&searchtext=B-26&erl=RCM-1-32-Martin-B-26-Maur

I'll pass on vacform. Totally intimidated.  Nuff said.

I'll pass on vacform. Totally intimidated.  Nuff said.

I don't blame you.

My point is that Resin2's pictures are actually a suggestion, not a kit.

IMHO their purpose is to see if enough potential business can be "drummed up" to justify doing a kit, possibly to see if and how many enthusiasts would not only "pre-pay", but possibly "invest" in an unrealized concept with a floating "finish-by" date.

If anyone would take notice, in his photos, there is no ventral turret, cheek guns, or a hint of an interior, 

Now if you guys seriously want a 1/32 special order B-26 Marauder kit, why not buy one that has already been developed for $114.00?

https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=28226&cat=Military%20Aircraft&searchtext=B-26&erl=RCM-1-32-Martin-B-26-Maurauder

RCM%20B-26.jpg

Thanks for the update on this kit, I may bite the bullet and get one. Maybe someone will do an IM after I taunt them.

I keep hearing HK, but hell they haven't released the Lancaster almost 2 years later. I Ain't Getting Any YOUNGER!

Jack

p.s.    Screw it, I just ordered one and it will be here about the time I'm finishing the museum builds.

I've done a couple of small vacs, so it's time to get off the pot and have my own 32nd Marauder

Edited by marauderdriver

Casting resin is unusual, in that it can be done with very little equipment and very little outlay. But like all manufacturing processes, while the concept is simple, the execution, if you want excellent results, takes a great deal of care and application.

So, if you get rubbish castings, it will be because the manufacturer cannot be bothered, or is unwilling to use quality materials, or is less than competent with the patternmaking, or is in too much of a rush to QC the output, or is unaware of the technical limitations of soft tooling and PU resin, and the correct processing parameters for RTVs and resins.

Conversely, find a producer who makes consistantly fine products, and by definition, you have found someone who is on top of all of these things......

Edited by wunwinglow

Casting resin is unusual, in that it can be done with very little equipment and very little outlay. But like all manufacturing processes, while the concept is simple, the execution, if you want excellent results, takes a great deal of care and application.

So, if you get rubbish castings, it will be because the manufacturer cannot be bothered, or is unwilling to use quality materials, or is less than competent with the patternmaking, or is in too much of a rush to QC the output, or is unaware of the technical limitations of soft tooling and PU resin, and the correct processing parameters for RTVs and resins.

Conversely, find a producer who makes consistently fine products, and by definition, you have found someone who is on top of all of these things......

And as the old saying goes, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" especially since Round2 has no actual experience making complete aircraft kits.

Their main problem is when they try to rush the production process, and do not take the time to ensure the elimination of warping, which can occur if the larger parts are released from the molds too soon, and do not fully cure until after.

Edited by Gigant

• 8 months later...

"this is truly going to be a top-shelf multi-media kit, I chose to model and include virtually every piece of hardware, in detail"

To me, this means one of two things;

1. It's never going to be ready, ever. A resin twin bomber in 1/32 of a previously unkitted model? With all the details included? That's an enormous undertaking, for anybody

He's bitten off more than he can chew, perhaps?

2. It's going to be very, very expensive. I mean, in excess of HpH Catalina expensive. He'll not have sufficient orders to make it financially viable.

46 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

"this is truly going to be a top-shelf multi-media kit, I chose to model and include virtually every piece of hardware, in detail"

To me, this means one of two things;

1. It's never going to be ready, ever. A resin twin bomber in 1/32 of a previously unkitted model? With all the details included? That's an enormous undertaking, for anybody

He's bitten off more than he can chew, perhaps?

2. It's going to be very, very expensive. I mean, in excess of HpH Catalina expensive. He'll not have sufficient orders to make it financially viable.

Well I hope neither of those are the cases, and "virtually every piece of hardware" doesn't mean literally every piece.