Resin2detail 1/32 B26 Marauder

phantom

Well, after practiaclly living in a Nissen hut on an old B-26 base for several years, I'm pretty excited about this forthcoming kit. I just hope it's remotely affordable!

That is another concern.................It seems that the process used (cottage type industry) to make resin kits, and the hand made nature of it all, has pushed the cost of these type of kits pretty high. I can see that, as the production is not cheap on material OR labor. It puts them out of reach for a lot of people though, and generally even if the quality is not up to IM standards, he price is way over an IM kit.  

Im not saying they are not worth it in a lot of cases, its just the nature of the beast. 

Must be the resin.

Cheers

Cees

Actually I figured it out, I've been working on a resin (one of the two problems with resin kits mentioned earlier in this thread) for so long that 

I'm having :Plastic Model Glue Withdraw"

...must be in the resin - sniffing

Pip

Plastic Model Glue- Sniffing Withdraw...been working on a resin kit for months

Well, after practiaclly living in a Nissen hut on an old B-26 base for several years, I'm pretty excited about this forthcoming kit. I just hope it's remotely affordable!

Which B-26 base?  Dad was at Andrews Field before moving to the apple orchard in France 

Which B-26 base?  Dad was at Andrews Field before moving to the apple orchard in France 

The museum was originally located at Andrewfield, then moved to a bigger premises at Earls Colne. Met a lot of Marauder vets, particularly in 1992 when we hosted reunions for the 322nd and 323rd Bomb Groups.

Here's the hut I practically lived in....the one on the left. The inside was kitted out like an Officers Club with period furniture, lots of pin ups, a bar and a working Tortoise stove. This wasn't the museum exactly, but part of it. The huts were located at another site at Earls Colne and housed the military vehicle collection.

38590856035_7de483c500_z.jpg25447_1428373947405_5347029_n by

Best regards;

Steve

Guest Vulcan32

The museum was originally located at Andrewfield, then moved to a bigger premises at Earls Colne. Met a lot of Marauder vets, particularly in 1992 when we hosted reunions for the 322nd and 323rd Bomb Groups.

Here's the hut I practically lived in....the one on the left. The inside was kitted out like an Officers Club with period furniture, lots of pin ups, a bar and a working Tortoise stove. This wasn't the museum exactly, but part of it. The huts were located at another site at Earls Colne and housed the military vehicle collection.

38590856035_7de483c500_z.jpg25447_1428373947405_5347029_n by

Best regards;

Steve

Dad was the Secretary for the 451st BS, 322nd BG at this reunion. We visited there in 1973 and walked some hardstands, saw the one remaining hanger. Had a chance to talk to

the land owners son and he pointed out the differences in the color of the wheat between were the concrete and grass was once located. 

Cheers

Jack

It's been a while since I visited Andrewsfield. I did go back a couple of times after the museum moved...and alway enjoyed a pint in the White Hart pub. It's a shame there's so little of the airfield left to see. 

I do have the 1992 322nd and 323rd reunions on VHS tape somewhere. Gosh! I was young then...only 22. Highlight for me was spending the previous winter at the museum building a 1/48 diorama of a typical spectacle type dispersal at a B-26 Base. It was quite a size too! It was unveiled during the reunion by General John O Moench. I was quite proud!

Sorry for trundling off topic!

Edited by fightersweep