B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Hard to decide for me. Don't mind Ernie's choice there.

Back to bomb bays, I cleaned up the opening I made and did a dry fit to see how it looked.

DSC_0093-L.jpg

You can now see through the fuselage above the bomb bay like in the actual aircraft. How much of the added detail will show remains to be seen.

When I originally posted that I thought some of the Profi modeler PE panels might be the wrong size, it was in comparing them to the front bulkhead. As it turns out, they're fine but the poor instructions don't show that you need to add spacers to the bulkhead. You can see them in the picture below.

DSC_0094-L.jpg

With the PE panels in place.

DSC_0095-L.jpg

Here's the completed exterior of the bomb bay.

DSC_0096-L.jpg

Do you think the top PE is worth it ? I mean it will be well hidden. Also, the roynd piece , is it an axcess hatch to the bomb bay? Good work so far Carl.....Harv

Looks great Carl!

I distincly rememner putting a lot of effort into my bomb bay, which can be seen but in the end, the model is bully and heavy enough for it to not be seen very often unless I have a mirror under it.

Looking forward to seeing how your bay turns out!

Thanks Brian!

Do you think the top PE is worth it ? I mean it will be well hidden. Also, the roynd piece , is it an axcess hatch to the bomb bay? Good work so far Carl.....Harv

Thanks Harv! The only things that will most likely be remotely visible are the bulkheads. It's going to be really hard to see any of the stuff on the roof. I won't bother with it melon my next one.

I believe the round panel is indeed an access hatch into the bomb bay.

Carl

Fantastic work Carl, I remember crawling thru B-25 in Everrett thinking of those poor buggers who had to bear that claustrophobic conditions on daily bases. Your work resurrected that memory.

Another thing I have noticed in the real B-25 were streaks of fuel in the bomb bay. They were blue, apparently the fuel was tinted blue for taxation purposes. Yeah this aeroplane is beautiful from the outside but super-creepy inside. Or maybe It's just me being just too tall and too fat :)

Thank You for the inspiration buddy, one day I gonna build this :)

060605-F-1234S-014.jpg

Fantastic work Carl, I remember crawling thru B-25 in Everrett thinking of those poor buggers who had to bear that claustrophobic conditions on daily bases. Your work resurrected that memory.

Another thing I have noticed in the real B-25 were streaks of fuel in the bomb bay. They were blue, apparently the fuel was tinted blue for taxation purposes. Yeah this aeroplane is beautiful from the outside but super-creepy inside. Or maybe It's just me being just too tall and too fat :)

Thank You for the inspiration buddy, one day I gonna build this :)

060605-F-1234S-014.jpg

Thanks Martin! I can only imagine how cramped it was inside. I've been in the CWHM Lancaster and she can get Snug in places.

Hopefully you'll get to yours soon and we'll have a right old party building them.

OK, I've got most of the PE installed into the bomb bay now.

DSC_0098-L.jpg

DSC_0100-L.jpg

There are bomb shackles that need to be added but I'll do that when I attach the bombs themselves.

I then added the PE panels to the cockpit floor along with the rudder pedals to the back of the IP.

DSC_0099-L.jpg

No jumping around at all. Nope.