B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Thanks guys! 

Sadly, the rest of the decals didn't go on anywhere as nicely. There's several small tears and folds in the mouth and they're driving me nuts. Oddly, no silvering which is my normal Achilles heel when using decals. 

IMG_20190422_230200-L.jpg

IMG_20190422_230212-L.jpg

IMG_20190422_230220-L.jpg

A friend suggested a light sanding and then touching them up. My concern is that the white paint won't match the ever so slight translucency of the decals and make things look worse. If I can get a scan of the decal sheet I may try making my own mask for the mouth. Otherwise I'm thinking I'll leave it aside and go back to French Kiss which I've got different problems with. Like having mounted rockets on the wrong set of wings...

Carl

Guess I missed this one starting back up, glad to see you back at it Carl. Your work always impresses me, clean, precise and always looking in scale, especially the paint finish.

Frustrating about the nose decals on Betty's Dream though. With all those curves on the aircraft it just looks like it sets things up for a fight. 

Great work so far! 

Richard

5 hours ago, R Palimaka said:

Guess I missed this one starting back up, glad to see you back at it Carl. Your work always impresses me, clean, precise and always looking in scale, especially the paint finish.

Frustrating about the nose decals on Betty's Dream though. With all those curves on the aircraft it just looks like it sets things up for a fight. 

Great work so far! 

Richard

Thanks Richard! They've both been on the bench but ran into random issues with each one. 

The curves on the nose would make just about any decal be a problem. 

Well, since I figured I had nothing to lose I cut a piece of tape to size and applied it over the batmouth and peeled it off.

IMG_20190423_213830-L.jpg

I then used this as my template to cut some masking tape to shape. 

IMG_20190423_213820-L.jpg

IMG_20190423_214539-L.jpg

This was then cut out with an xacto knife and applied to the model. I then sprayed white, followed by the red.

IMG_20190423_221815-L.jpg

IMG_20190423_225104-L.jpg

With everything removed.  I need a couple quick touchups but it's a much better result  I feel.

IMG_20190423_231224-L.jpg

One of the eyes needs a slight touch up as well as part of it lifted with the mask. 

Carl