B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Looks grand! Yes, I can now definitely distinguish between the gear doors and panel lines. Something I think I missed on mine

Thanks Brian! It just sort of looked odd to me at first when I assembled the nacelles which is why it caught my eye I guess.

Going through my AM stash, I found this box:

DSC_0022-L.jpg

I forgot that I had purchased this set from Hannants. It mostly deals with the interior sections of the plane that aren't the nose or cockpit.

DSC_0024-L.jpg

I think I'll be mixing and matching from these sets as well as the Eduard ones I have.

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Nice plan but if you're like me, I tend to make a lot of plans, as I just can't seem to stick with the latest plan.

Thanks for the explanation on choosing HGW PE for the seats - sure makes a lot of sense and our progress: looking mighty good.

Always a good move to work on a different assembly to get the juices flowing at peak speed when needed.

Holy Cow, what a find and what a find :thumbsup:

Been guilty f that myself going through my PE storage draws and coming across items I have totally forgotten about.Keep 'em comin

Peter

Carl

Nice plan but if you're like me, I tend to make a lot of plans, as I just can't seem to stick with the latest plan.

Thanks for the explanation on choosing HGW PE for the seats - sure makes a lot of sense and our progress: looking mighty good.

Always a good move to work on a different assembly to get the juices flowing at peak speed when needed.

Holy Cow, what a find and what a find :thumbsup:

Been guilty f that myself going through my PE storage draws and coming across items I have totally forgotten about.Keep 'em comin

Peter

I'm guilty of changing plans too Peter. Isn't that why we have them? :)

I'm glad I found the Profi set in the pile but if I hadn't, it wouldn't have been the end of the world since there's another B-25 in the stash they could've been used on.

WOW ! Big time score on the Profi set ! Great detail sets there. I was unaware they had this set.....Harv :popcorn:

They're a mixed bag Harv. There's some details they have they that the Eduard ones don't and vice versa. The instructions aren't the greatest either.

Carl, just remember that Betty's Dream did not have any waist guns fitted. They were not required due to very little enemy fighter activity. This is reference in the Warpath Across the Pacific book on the 345 Group.

Cheers

This is looking great, Carl.

I'm busy finishing Glen's T-28C and working on my PBJ-1H in between sessions. I'll get going on it full time next week.

The emergency gear extension system is proving a fun build from PE.

Thanks Ernie! I can't wait to see you start on your gunship.

Carl, just remember that Betty's Dream did not have any waist guns fitted. They were not required due to very little enemy fighter activity. This is reference in the Warpath Across the Pacific book on the 345 Group.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up on the waist guns. I didn't know that.

One thing I did not even on the Zotz decal instructions is they can for the Bat to be in black. Is that correct? It's always looked dark blue to me.

Carl