Help with Trumpeter and Revell 109's?

aslakh

Going to build the Trumpeter 109 G-6 "late" and the Revell 109 G-6 as a paralell build. Straight OOB, apart from new gun barrels on the Revell kit.

Just need some general pointers, tips and tricks on assembly.

Tirades about accuracy not wanted.

Thanks!

Trumpeter kit goes together fairly easily ... Revell with very little more, if any, difficulty.

Other than that ... read the instructions????

Rog :)

Instructions can have inaccuracies, and I want to avoid most of the traps.

Since aircraft kits tend to be a little more... relaxed with showing placement, subassemblies and order of assembly, I want all that to be squared away.

I build armor kits 9/10 times, and the problems are far less frequent in every aspect.

... Instructions can have inaccuracies, and I want to avoid most of the traps ...

Sorry ... just avoiding a contentious issue as per your original post ...

... Tirades about accuracy not wanted ...

... "accuracy" covers a great many issues - including assembly, painting and marking instructions.

Instructions for both of these kits however, are fairly straight forward.

Since everyones "experience" is different, I would suggest you track down build threads of each ... Thierry might have something in the tweek lists also.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

I've only built the Revell kit and found it very enjoyable indeed, very straightforward and easy, instructions are clear enough.  The only thing to watch out for is the undercarriage, its fixing structure makes it very weak so if doing it again I'd try to beef it up in some way.

Max

Edited by mozart

Going to build the Trumpeter 109 G-6 "late" and the Revell 109 G-6 as a paralell build. Straight OOB, apart from new gun barrels on the Revell kit.

Just need some general pointers, tips and tricks on assembly.

Tirades about accuracy not wanted.

Thanks!

Regarding the Revell kit, if you're not concerned with the kit's inaccuracies, the only thing other than following the instructions that can be mentioned are parts 84A (on sprue b ) and A26. These are marked "not for use" in the instructions but in fact they can/should be fitted to the radiators - they fit sort of diagonally as sloping roofs in front of the actual radiators. Fit them left and right to the lower wing section.

When I built mine I found this thread useful. Pictures are gone (photobucket) but the text is still there:

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/1313-group-buildreview-revell-132-bf-109g-6-stage-3-complete/

Edited by Elger

I've only built the Revell kit and found it very enjoyable indeed, very straightforward and easy, instructions are clear enough. The only thing to watch out for with it is the undercarriage, its fixing structure makes it very weak so if doing it again I'd try to beef it up in some way.

Max

I've read about a few things to watch out for. The undercarriage will be interesting. Gotta figure out something for that.

Regarding the Revell kit, if you're not concerned with the kit's inaccuracies, the only thing other than following the instructions that can be mentioned are parts 84A (on sprue b ) and A26. These are marked "not for use" in the instructions but in fact they can/should be fitted to the radiators - they fit sort of diagonally as sloping roofs in front of the actual radiators. Fit them left and right to the lower wing section.

When I built mine I found this thread useful. Pictures are gone (photobucket) but the text is still there:

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/1313-group-buildreview-revell-132-bf-109g-6-stage-3-complete/

That's some good pointers. Thanks!