Dragon Bf110E

mozart

This is a detail shot that I took when I visited Hendon some years ago showing the forward retraction mechanism for the undercarriage doors, something which I think needs to be included in our scale since, like brake lines, it's quite prominent.  There's another mechanism up inside the wheel well which one could argue is less vital to model, though no doubt my demons will make me do it!  I'm going to experiment with some thin wire wound around rod to see how scale the springs look but otherwise I think it will be just rod!

mafrAl.jpg

Max

Hey Chuck, how goes it?

It's a catch for the fluid drain directly above it and the pipe channels the fluid away from the open gear bay.

Cheers,

Wolf

Yep, you're absolutely right Wolf, both the drain from the engine and the pipe running from the catch-all need to be added.

Max

Edited by mozart

Thanks, Wolf and Max! Little details like this fascinate me.

They do me too Chuck.  I was given special access to the Bf110 that day, basically allowed to do whatever short of clambering up on the wing and getting into the cockpit (Health and Safety!!) so I took lots of pictures from a modeller's perspective.  Most of them are on the Walkaround section of this forum if you want to see more.

Great detective work on the engine nacelles!  I'm impressed with how tight the fit is given the complexities of the interlocking relationship between the engine, landing gear and outer nacelle pieces!

Yes, interlocking is a good way of describing it John, the kit is incredibly well engineered but Dragon didn't apply the same diligence with their instructions!

Max

I'm dealing with vague instructions (Aires) on my 262 build.  The engineering is there in the parts but they leave it to you to figure it out.

Best way John, we don't want to build "shake 'n' bake" kits to we?  :hmmm:

Max