HKM Lancaster Box Art

LSP_Kevin

I hope this is close to being released but since we still aren't seeing any sprue shots I feel it is further away than most of us think or hope.

I've held off buying any of the big bombers but this kit will definitely be on my must-have lists.

Someone in the know mentioned test shots in January.

Tony

I hope this is close to being released but since we still aren't seeing any sprue shots I feel it is further away than most of us think or hope.

I've held off buying any of the big bombers but this kit will definitely be on my must-have lists.

You need tools to have test shots. The Lanc is currently being tooled. Sprue shots sometime mid-late January, from my estimation. 

The box art slightly resembles the Tamiya box, also if I remember right the cookie was last to go and the most common load carried was 12 SBC's plus the cookie so I do hope we get a mixed bombload. I can't wait for it's release and I think it will be in the same price range as the B17 £230-250.

Graham

Yes, the cookie was last to go to avoid unwanted collisions.

Who says the Halifax (or Stirling) is less iconic. :hmmm:The iconicness of the Lancaster is due to good wartime pr, it was also called the daily telegraph bomber. Post war this was continued even more. Similar to the Spitfire/Hurricane debate.

Cheers

Cees

Who says the Halifax (or Stirling) is less iconic. :hmmm:The iconicness of the Lancaster is due to good wartime pr, it was also called the daily telegraph bomber. Post war this was continued even more. Similar to the Spitfire/Hurricane debate.

Cheers

Cees

...and later helped by the fact that no complete Halifax (until those recovered from various lakes) or Stirling survived!

Personally, I'm hoping that good sales for the Lancaster will encourage the manufacturers to tool up a Halifax, Stirling, B-24, Wellington, Whitley, Hampden, Beaufort, (insert Aircraft of choice here!)...