Aeropoxy 1/32 Yak-3

LSP_Kevin

That wing mass looks good, Kev.  I hate to imagine how heavy resin kits must be.

Gaz

Yeah, the wing is fairly substantial, Gaz. I think the landing gear should hold, but there's not much I can do about it if it doesn't!

Kev

Wow Kevin, that is a real testing project, for sure!

You have already transformed the look of the wing, great job!!

I will follow this thread and file it under "things I never would/could do"

Thanks, Don. I'm not really doing anything all that difficult here, but it is rather tedious! Most of the work done so far has been achieved while watching movies, so it hasn't felt so bad. I'm nearing a point now where I need to focus a little more than that approach allows, but I think I'm on top of most of it now.

Kev

Looks great K1!   

Man, Im not sure how much you have used the MRP stuff yet, but each and every time I use them I like them more and more. To be honest, (PART OF) one of the few things I complained about (having it pre-thinned) is one of the things I love now!  Its really nice not to have to take time to mess around with additives,  mixtures, ratios, or calculations of any kind. You just take some out of the bottle and put it in your airbrush, and you are GTG. The other part is still an issue, as I still think other non pre-thinned paints are probably an overall better value.

Ive also been finding that with the MRP stuff, I can shoot well, at much much lower pressures than I shoot any other paint with. I normally shoot between 12 and 25 depending on the paint. This is the range I seem to get the best  results in. However, with MRPs paint, I have found I can shoot at 5-10 PSI no problem, and do not get the normal splattering or inconsistent pattern. 

The only issue Im having now is touching them up. They are way too thin to touch up with, and Ive been having to match other brush colors to get the job done.

You've been in a serious modeling spree lately.  :lol: Cant wait to see more!

Ive also been finding that with the MRP stuff, I can shoot well, at much much lower pressures than I shoot any other paint with. I normally shoot between 12 and 25 depending on the paint. This is the range I seem to get the best  results in. However, with MRPs paint, I have found I can shoot at 5-10 PSI no problem, and do not get the normal splattering or inconsistent pattern. 

The only issue Im having now is touching them up. They are way too thin to touch up with, and Ive been having to match other brush colors to get the job done.

You've been in a serious modeling spree lately.  :lol: Cant wait to see more!

Thanks, Brian.

I reviewed Mr. Paint here when they first came out, but they were really difficult to get in Australia at the time. Since then, I splurged on a set for the Do 335, and later, once BNA started stocking them (yay!), another set for the Corsair. So I've painted 2 large LSP kits with them now, and find that they actually go a long way if you're judicious with them. I barely used half a bottle of each colour on the Corsair. Touch-ups are indeed a bit of a pain, but I believe that's part of the goal of MRP's new aqueous range - to provide matching colours in a brushable format.

Kev

Hi Kev, I did drill and pin the undercarriage legs on mine mainly to get a more positive fit but I suppose it also strengthened them a bit also, it's still standing after 7 years though.

sDkcr4.jpg

Thanks, Den - I've done the same.

Kev

Thanks, Brian.

I reviewed Mr. Paint here when they first came out, but they were really difficult to get in Australia at the time. Since then, I splurged on a set for the Do 335, and later, once BNA started stocking them (yay!), another set for the Corsair. So I've painted 2 large LSP kits with them now, and find that they actually go a long way if you're judicious with them. I barely used half a bottle of each colour on the Corsair. Touch-ups are indeed a bit of a pain, but I believe that's part of the goal of MRP's new aqueous range - to provide matching colours in a brushable format.

Kev

I was kind of thinking the same thing, and hoping that they are going to match well. I have not invested in any of the acrylic colors yet, but I still need to calculate which paints Im really going to need touchup wise. 

I was kind of thinking the same thing, and hoping that they are going to match well. I have not invested in any of the acrylic colors yet, but I still need to calculate which paints Im really going to need touchup wise. 

The aqueous range is still pretty limited at the moment, and may never catch up to the existing lacquer range in terms of available colours, but if the colours do match across the two ranges, then you're set!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...