Tamiya F4U-1D VMF-512 1945 1/3 UPDATE!

LSP_Paul

Fast progress on this one Paul! I'm surprised that you have the fuselage assembled and painted already without the wings and tail feathers attached. That's the beauty of a Tamiya kit though as it'll all fit together so cleanly you'd never know. Do you plan on giving it another shot of paint to blend everything in afterwards?

By the way, I got my -1a in the mail just after Christmas. It's all your and Carl's fault! ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

Fast progress on this one Paul! I'm surprised that you have the fuselage assembled and painted already without the wings and tail feathers attached. That's the beauty of a Tamiya kit though as it'll all fit together so cleanly you'd never know. Do you plan on giving it another shot of paint to blend everything in afterwards?

By the way, I got my -1a in the mail just after Christmas. It's all your and Carl's fault! ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

I find it hard to believe I had anything to do with persuading you to buy such a beautiful airplane such as this one Wolf. :)  Its a dream to build and it looks like a Corsair in every respect.

The base color Gunze, Gloss Sea Blue just buffs to the same sheen, even after a touch up.  The seams mostly fall on panel lines. Painting the aircraft in large subassemblies insures a smooth finish with minimal touch up. Same with the weathering. I'll do it in sub assemblies or sections. I weather with oils, so it's easy to blend it all at the end, and this one won't be all that weathered except for the bottom surfaces.

Paul

New pics in a second here..

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Never knew but the results speak for themselves. Paint work looks mighty good .. crisp and clean.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

T

Paul

Never knew but the results speak for themselves. Paint work looks mighty good .. crisp and clean.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter!   Glad youre enjoying it. Good prep work means good paint as you're well aware.. so far Im happy with it.

Paul