First Armor In 15...er..16 Years! Cyber-Hobby's 1/35 T-34 Mod. 1940: FINISHED!

mywifehatesmodels

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, amazing paint and weathering work John!   Good to see you back at the bench 

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and it's great to be back, Brian!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:48 PM, steinerman said:

Amazing, John!!  That paint job and weathering is beyond awesome!  That last picture is so real you would expect to see it in front of your local armory!

Great work!

Lar

The last picture certainly seems to have the best lighting. With the strange cloud cover, it was difficult to really get what I was after on every shot and many of them give kind of a "glowing" appearance to the finish, which certainly isn't the case in real life.

9 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Very nice! 

The rolled tarp was the first thing that caught my eye.  That is really nicely done.

I see what you mean about the idler spacing; it looks like you have 1 link too much on your track run, but from your comments, it sounds like removing 1 link would have made the track run too short!  

I've been in that boat myself many times!  As you point out, you can usually solve that problem by playing around with idler spacing.

Regardless, your T-34/76 looks fantastic and the track slack is a minor thing that really isn't noticed.

You have described the track issue pretty much perfectly. I got to a point that it wasn't going to quite stretch the gap, but if I added the required two links (one with guide horn and one without), I had to account for the excess by sagging it somewhere and that "somewhere" is some pretty tight real estate! The funny thing is that I think the drive wheels may be too close to the road wheels, so it's likely that both idlers/drives are incorrectly spaced. The idlers have a lot of room to get them wrong and the drive wheels only have one point in which they can be positioned, unless you make some alterations. A point to be remembered, for sure!

Thanks again!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels