Tamiya Spitfire Mk IX Kicked Up A Notch: Last Post

chuck540z3

I'll take that as a compliment!

;)

To prove you're right, I just HAD to fix that intercooler oil tank on the firewall on the right,

:mental:

Really superlative work Chuck. Your skills still continue to amaze me but there is a saying I always remember. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. So I guess it is a simple matter to work on small bites of the engine to get the finished product I see.

Cheers

chris

Thanks guys for the kind comments.  I really appreciate them.

Really superlative work Chuck. Your skills still continue to amaze me but there is a saying I always remember. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. So I guess it is a simple matter to work on small bites of the engine to get the finished product I see.

Cheers

chris

Hi Chris!

As you know, my models take forever to build- usually a year or more- because I am actually making about half a dozen models one at a time and then finally putting them all together at the end of the build.  This engine is clearly a model all on its own, as was the cockpit.  There are many things I don't like about this engine, but most of them can only be seen with my close-up photography, which exposes every tiny detail, but also the flaws.  I think this makes me a better modeler, because I'm always trying to minimize these imperfections, which can be a bit obsessive.  If that makes me :mental:, so be it!   :P

The funny thing is, I am probably the most impatient guy I know of, yet my slow progress when modeling doesn't bother me at all and I actually find it quite relaxing and rewarding.  I guess that's why we all model here.  In our hectic lives of work, family and other activities, we can set aside some "me time" to research our aircraft subjects and try to replicate them with model kits and our ever growing skills of assembly and painting that we learn along the way.  When I model, the time flies by and I don't think about work or other stresses in my life, so I find it time very well spent.  I'm sure you guys feel the same way.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks guys for the kind comments.  I really appreciate them.

Hi Chris!

As you know, my models take forever to build- usually a year or more- because I am actually making about half a dozen models one at a time and then finally putting them all together at the end of the build.  This engine is clearly a model all on its own, as was the cockpit.  There are many things I don't like about this engine, but most of them can only be seen with my close-up photography, which exposes every tiny detail, but also the flaws.  I think this makes me a better modeler, because I'm always trying to minimize these imperfections, which can be a bit obsessive.  If that makes me :mental:, so be it!   :P

The funny thing is, I am probably the most impatient guy I know of, yet my slow progress when modeling doesn't bother me at all and I actually find it quite relaxing and rewarding.  I guess that's why we all model here.  In our hectic lives of work, family and other activities, we can set aside some "me time" to research our aircraft subjects and try to replicate them with model kits and our ever growing skills of assembly and painting that we learn along the way.  When I model, the time flies by and I don't think about work or other stresses in my life, so I find it time very well spent.  I'm sure you guys feel the same way.

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck,

Your builds always impress.  I'm always glad to see a perfectionist at work, because it gives me a lot to strive for. 

For me, there is always a line where effort surpasses pleasure and I move on.

Keep up the good work!

Gaz

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!

I just heard from a friend of mine who was wondering why I hadn't posted anything lately on this project, so I thought I'd explain why here as well for anybody who might have wondered the same thing. The answer is, “summer finally cameâ€, so I've been spending all of my free time outdoors rather than indoors at my modeling desk. I do this every summer lately, so no worries that this project is now on the shelf of doom! I usually do my best work when I'm motivated and right now the modeling mojo is pretty low, so it's just as well that I take a break from glue fumes and plastic.

Later and Cheers,

Chuck

Hi Guys!

I just heard from a friend of mine who was wondering why I hadn't posted anything lately on this project, so I thought I'd explain why here as well for anybody who might have wondered the same thing. The answer is, “summer finally cameâ€, so I've been spending all of my free time outdoors rather than indoors at my modeling desk. I do this every summer lately, so no worries that this project is now on the shelf of doom! I usually do my best work when I'm motivated and right now the modeling mojo is pretty low, so it's just as well that I take a break from glue fumes and plastic.

Later and Cheers,

Chuck

Good thing you don't live here in Malta then! You would be modelling 4 months a year!

Edited by clioguy