HK Models Do 335B-6 Due in January 2018!

LSP_Kevin

HK told me they were't doing the B-4 version but I have a B-4 conversion nearly complete.  Graham did the 3D work for me.  I'm just working on the last parts for it and should be ready soon.  Also, HK informed me the other day that their A-12 2-seat variant is on hold since ZM beat them to the punch.

I am very much interested in a B-4 conversion. Please let me know where to buy.

I'm a member of the Facebook Group 'Wrecked & Abandoned Aircraft, Ships and Subs' and they have this pic on their group page https://imgur.com/a/Zf5F2

Sorry, try as I can I don't seem to be able to post the pic as part of my reply here.

I've never seen this shot before and I have the Monogram and Classic books on the 335. I think I can see a second cockpit behind the pilot. Tail numbers are those strange late war Dornier examples that are not understood. However, could this be the M15?

Padraic

I should really have put the picture into clearer context; the M15 prototype is listed in the Classic book as a nightfighter prototype used to test Siemens FuG 218 radar. As such, it carried a second seat for the radar operator and an aerial suite for the FuG218. The book sadly doesn't say if the prototype 'flat' canopy for the radar operator was fitted or if the anticipated production 'bubble' canopy was used.

Padraic

No 'WHAT-IF'  here... absolutely real aircraft - tested by the French in 1948 till they crashed it

I think he means that the box art represents a WHAT-IF in the sense that it shows how a production B-6 would have looked. To my knowledge, none of the existing Do335s were built in the full configuration with radar, bubble canopy, IR binoculars, flame dampers, and night fighter camo scheme. I don't think the M17 was even fully completed by the Germans. The French finished it.

I didn't know there were any other pictures of the M15 Jennings? I readily accept that the pic I linked to has no canopy visible. I have to agree that a bubble would be unlikely given that the M17 (presumably constructed later) has the flat version.  The French summary that Martinffb provides seems to confirm my guess that the tail markings in the picture are those of the M15. But that link also indicates that the M15 was a B1 prototype. Yet I can see the opening for a second crew member. Good discussion here around the nightfighter version though.

Padraic

I am very much interested in a B-4 conversion. Please let me know where to buy.

It's not available yet as I'm still working on a couple parts for it.  I haven't set up a website yet with the stuff I've done/still working on as I'd like to get 10-12 items finished and available for purchase before I commit to a website.