New WnW - Sopwith Dolphin!

Iain

The REAL hint will be when they show a Spad VII or XIII in a dogfight against a German plane. So far, it looks like the French never fought in the air, at least according to WnW's history books ;) ...

Hubert

There's some sort of french aircraft depicted on the Albatros D.V box (as well as a couple of others, Fokker D.VII (Fok), Roland D.VIa, and Rumpler C.IV (late) for instance), but I can't make out exactly what it is on the Albatros box.

Sir Peters group also said that exact same thing years ago when asked about kitting the Camel. 

Bingo! I think here's little doubt that those with Roden Dr.I's and SPAD kits in their stash, would still unhesitatingly buy WNW renditions of the same. While I've built one Roden Dr.I and have another in the stash, I'd pass them up in a New York minute for a WNW boxing;... no question about it.

I noted that as an exception to this rule in my post......though the HC/Academy/Italeri Camel was a particularly basic kit whereas the Roden DR 1 is quite nice and well detailed. 

My overarching point here is hold your breath for whatever you but no matter what WNW releases I think the majority of us will be happy regardless of subject. 

I agree, if it does ever come out, I think it might be awhile, and it would have to have the same "call to arms" from all the enthusiasts to WnW that the Camel did. Of course this is WnW, and for all we know, the Dr.I could come out in Q1 2018. 

Lol, I remember when the biggest thing everyone looked forward to at Christmas time was the Christmas catalog from Sears. Now it's the suprise Christmas releases from Wingnuts.

I have a buddy that's collected a few of the old 60's catalogs, and they're a true joy to flip through, bringing back a flood of good memories. As to the surprise WNW kits, I enjoy seeing new stuff from them, even if (as in this case), the aircraft does nothing for me.

Adding the DR.1 to the WNW family makes sound financial sense.

Not only is it the most iconic (Camel aside!) scout of WW1, it also has the most cross-over factor for anyone thinking of dabbling in WW1 bipes/tripes.

Bring the Fok.Dr.1 to market and you bring many more modellers under the WNW's umbrellor. Surely a good thing, no?

Come on, Sir Peter!! 

You know it makes sense!!

Von LiveinHope  :hmmm:   :piliot:

I'm in, bought the Copper State Premium edition and that's a real nice kit so am expectin the WNW version to be just as good or even better!

As for the Dolphin being ugly, thema fighting words so allow me to mention the P-26 Peashooter, B-18 Bolo, J2F Duck, Martin B-10...:whistle:

I'm in, bought the Copper State Premium edition and that's a real nice kit so am expectin the WNW version to be just as good or even better!

As for the Dolphin being ugly, thema fighting words so allow me to mention the P-26 Peashooter, B-18 Bolo, J2F Duck, Martin B-10... :whistle:

You say that ugly word like it's a bad thing.... Those are all my favorite aircraft, precisely because of their looks. I guess the sharkmouth version of the Dolphin does it best for me, but it is almost as ugly as the Fairey Gannet... not sure it gets any uglier than that one. And again, don't say that like it's a bad thing.

Tnarg