New WnW - Sopwith Dolphin!

Iain

Wow, this is an exciting release.

I just finished reading a novel that was written in the 1920s about British fighter pilots fighting late in WWI. Dolphins played a small role in it.

The book is Winged Victory, by V. M. Yeates. I liked it a lot, though it has a rather odd title for a bitter, cynical anti-war novel. It was probably named by the publisher to boost sales. Makes me want to build a Dolphin.😄

Well, if it is any indication, Sprue Bros. has yet to sell out of their Copper State Models Sopwith Dolphins.

When I was building Guillows kits, I did a Dolphin, and still it was an oddity in my collection.

Happy they delivered with a surprise new kit at Christmas again.

But I find this plane a bit of a letdown, which is OK.  I have acquired a small stash of WNW planes and have plenty to keep me busy.

I would love for them to make something which is not German or British.

Still a welcome addition however.  I welcome any new WNW release!  :)

Other than the old Windsock Datafile and Osprey Dolphin/Snipe Aces (and mention in Squadron's Sopwith in action book I think) there really isn't much out there unfortunately specifically for the Dolphin but there is a very good Cross and Cockade's book on it for those that are looking for more references:

https://www.crossandcockade.com/store/Product.asp?cat=51&id=304

Such an odd unique looking aircraft, one of my favorite UK WW1 types. Now with WNW covering that, they can move on to Nieuports and Hanriots!

Edited by ziggyfoos