dmthamade

Virginia Marie using Trumpeter P-38 Lightning

I did manage to get the build into the display case, i must of been having a bad day. Just opened the door, put it on the shelf, closed the door....no problem.....It certainly does stand out due to its size, shape, twin engine/props, the blue panels, nose art. Wish i had built the case bigger, the 1/32 twin engine WW2 kits are really appealing. Just need to figure out what to build next, would really like to do a shake n bake kit next...

Don

Your most welcome Don. Thats the reason for WIP builds, isnt it? Im just happy that I actually contributed to someones build. Made mine that much more rewarding....Harv

It sure is!! A great reference the WIPs are!! Yours did help as did your recollections.

Don

Thank you Kevin!! Have you started yours yet?

Don

Nope, I don't even have the kit yet. I anticipate getting mine (Hobbycraft boxing) around May or June, if all goes well. I do already have the Kagero decals for California Cutie though, thanks to one of the LSP guys here.

Guest Maxim

Great result and finish! You did and outstanding job on the Trumpy P-38 as it's not an easy kit to get together.

]

I used the Eduard mask set for the canopy, been using them for years!! I can't remember the last time i cut tape and masked the canopy the old school way. Thanks for the support, guys!! I did manage to finish the build. lotsa pics.

CS7ZWj.jpg

jPxHzL.jpg

WejuuM.jpg

UW8va9.jpg

mGAv87.jpg

More

tAWpjv.jpg

6jgb0N.jpg

889JPf.jpg

cGXYWQ.jpg

w3FRqL.jpg

eebxNr.jpg

YFX3NE.jpg

Don,

EXEMPLARY build. She looks STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS..

you turned out one heckuva a BEAUTY.

KUDOS.... :bow:

:wow: :bow:

I know i'm not the first to say, "Oooh-Ahh!", "Beautiful Build!",  "Super Job!" etc., etc.  but i think taking the time to fill all those rivets really paid off in the finished effort. The "suggestion" of rivets looks so much better than the model having an appearance of a 1960's era, carefully-machine-gunned toy.

Really inspirational to look at. It photographs wonderfully.

-d-

I know i'm not the first to say, "Oooh-Ahh!", "Beautiful Build!",  "Super Job!" etc., etc.  but i think taking the time to fill all those rivets really paid off in the finished effort. The "suggestion" of rivets looks so much better than the model having an appearance of a 1960's era, carefully-machine-gunned toy.

Really inspirational to look at. It photographs wonderfully.

-d-

Hello David, and thank you!! Doing research I never came across a pic of a P-38 with the rivets showing as Trumpeter would have us believe. I did see that most all P-38s showed characteristic rivets in the same locations, these I replicated. Others were at first a disappointment but then I realized the pics also showed rivets in various places in random patterns, so I left them alone. Like you said, the suggestion of rivets looks much better than the way Trumpeter has them or of a 60's toy.

Don