Virginia Marie using Trumpeter P-38 Lightning

dmthamade

Absolutely gorgeous Don! My favorite scheme for the P-38 too.

Brilliant!  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks, Wolf!! There were a few schemes available, but blue markings for a kit i've had for a long time, just had to be done.

Don

I was considering selling my boxing of the kit as most of the decals available are for J models which this kit isn't and wouldn't be a true J of any block number without some work which wouldn't be astronomical in making a late J but I still couldn't muster the desire to get started on that but this build has convinced me to keep the kit and keep it an L series. Very nice build and great work.

It's a lot of work with Trumpeter quirks, but really does stand out in the case. You are right, there are a few mods needed to do a J, but really not too complicated. if you like a challenge you'll enjoy the kit.

Don

Late to the unveiling, but happy it turned out great. You done did good !! .....Harv

Thanks, harvey!! despite Photo Bucket grenading your in progress build, i was able to get a sense of what to do at certain points. appreciate the feedback and ideas and things to avoid. Thanks!!

Don

Your most welcome Don. Thats the reason for WIP builds, isnt it? Im just happy that I actually contributed to someones build. Made mine that much more rewarding....Harv

I did manage to get the build into the display case, i must of been having a bad day. Just opened the door, put it on the shelf, closed the door....no problem.....It certainly does stand out due to its size, shape, twin engine/props, the blue panels, nose art. Wish i had built the case bigger, the 1/32 twin engine WW2 kits are really appealing. Just need to figure out what to build next, would really like to do a shake n bake kit next...

Don

Your most welcome Don. Thats the reason for WIP builds, isnt it? Im just happy that I actually contributed to someones build. Made mine that much more rewarding....Harv

It sure is!! A great reference the WIPs are!! Yours did help as did your recollections.

Don