Wingnut Wings Albatros B.II Early

karimb

Brilliantly done Karim! So many fine details represented in your paintwork. I absolutely love it.

Have you tried GasPatch turnbuckles? They add another dimension to the rigging detail. I use them in conjunction with Bob's Buckles brass tubing and they really look fantastic.

Cheers,

Wolf

Awesome work as always, Karim! I would have loved to see you do a build thread on this one, but the result is suitably spectacular.

Kev

Thanks Kev, yes i have been a bit lazy lately not posting any work in progress. I am currently plodding away at a Camel F1 then the kit after that will be probably a work in progress here to share it with everyone. Will probably be the Taube after Mike is finished building his!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word !

Good gawd Karim, can't you mess up once in awhile ? Just amazing (as usual)......Harv :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Harv,

youre too kind my friend... alot of the aspects of the B.II ive messed up, specially the wing warp i didnt notice until too late, but to be honest it was quite an enjoyable build!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Thanks Kev, yes i have been a bit lazy lately not posting any work in progress. I am currently plodding away at a Camel F1 then the kit after that will be probably a work in progress here to share it with everyone. Will probably be the Taube after Mike is finished building his!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word !

Ohh......."plodding away at a Camel" Karim, that sounds like its not much fun?

Regards. Andy

Absolutely beautiful Karim. Your a master Wingnutter for sure! I'd love to see a how to on your leather technique.

Hey Tony!

Thanks for leaving a word... 

It's quite easy to be honest. First some preshading, then a coat of red brown. Add some drops of orange to the red brown and do some mottling. A coat of highly diluted tan or sand yellow for the areas that get the most rubbing and chaffing, just a hint. A filter of red or orangish oils. Once dry, seal the deal, then a wash of brown!

Hope that helped