G-EBLV DH60 Cirrus Moth 1:32 scratchbuild

RLWP

OK I'm in

This is what I'm building:

1280px-DH60_Moth_G-EBLV_%286681538545%29

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:DH60_Moth_G-EBLV_(6681538545).jpg

She's a DH60 Cirrus Moth in the Shutleworth collection. I usually model pre 1919 aeroplanes, so this pushes me a bit outside my normal era. It'll be my first biplane scratchbuild too, The others have all been monoplanes

I jumped the gun a little on Monday as I was making a wing for another 'plane. As i had all the tools out, I scribed and bent the skins for this 'plane too

Wings-1.JPG

Richard

Very cool.

And very blue!

There's going to be a bit of a pause before the next bit as I have a Nieuport to finish. Unless I get enthusiastic of course

I'm going to need you guys further along the path when I get daunted by something or other, thanks for dropping in

Richard

Good News! The bumps are probably 21st century inspection panels, so I can leave them off by modelling the aeroplane in pre 2003 condition

Bad New! I severed a tendon in my left hand in an accident on Friday. That's going to make a dent in my modelling for a while

Richard

oh no, you gonna be ok?

Wasn't modeling related was it

No, broken roller shutter door, slipping ladder related. Which unfortunately left me with a very nasty injury on the wrong side of a closed roller shutter door

All much too exciting

Richard

The Honorable Dame Mary Bailey CBE Archives - This Day in Aviation

https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/the-honorable-dame-mary-bailey-cbe/

Now, that's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. It explains this colour scheme:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-15-at-18.41.27.png

I'm guessing this 'plane is silver and blue. It's attractive because it has much less lettering. The engine cowling is simpler too

Richard

Edited by RLWP