TBF-1C Trumpeter 1/32

DirkE

Lots of focus there.

'I don´t know how it will look once painted'

Not that I know so much, but I do.  There are too many indentations to expect perfection after the first draft.  Paint the area to see what it will look like before you put on the rivets.  Then sand over it as many times as needed.  Then sand again to expose the rivet pattern.  Then lay your rivets.

... some good advice in there!!

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Quick test with Archer raised rivets and different decal setters.

From left to right : Humboldt Decal Cote 2 (bottle is over 10 years old), DACO Decal setter strong, Mr. Mark Softer and Mark Fit. No primer used. On top MRP and on layer matt varnish (Revell).

Results look to me all the same.

Carrier foil is hardly seen.

20180221_134809.jpg

20180221_134847.jpg

Dirk

• 2 weeks later...

ok, more progress. I finally managed to get the interior done. The seat for the rear gunner is in the upward position. Something different. I finally found a good reference photo. Source is unknown. The lower rear gun is still missing, but thats a matter of a few steps. 90 % of the rivets are attached. The ones that are still missing are those that will be added after I glued the fuselage together.

20180304_192806.jpg

20180304_192814.jpg

20180304_192827.jpg

20180304_192906.jpg

20180304_192951.jpg

TBM_radio2.jpg

Dirk

• 1 month later...

sorry guys that I havn´t posted any updates. Progress is slow, since life is occupying most of my time. I just figured that all photos here in this thread are gone and the links won´t work. :-( Thats the price you pay if you don´t use a premium photo sharing app. I have to try to work around this and repost the photos in an extra thread or here.

Regards

Dirk