AnthonyWan

EA-6A?

Agreed Starfighter, it would take all of that to do a complete conversion. A EA-6B would best be left to Trumpeter, but an EA-6A hopefully would be something our great Paul could tackle. Hopefully one day!

Chuck.

While they may appear similar, the EA-6B is an entirely different airframe and it would be a complete waste of time, money and resources to release a 'conversion'. It would have to be released as a kit like your Panther, Skyray, etc.

However, with the explosion in 32nd scale over the past 10 years, it wouldn't surprise me to see an injection molded Prowler within the next 5. Now that the aircraft is retired, access to them for research is a bit easier via museums. While it had a great, although short career, I think we're less likely to see an EA-6A in plastic. 

Another great choice for the Intruder would be a good quality KA-6D conversion. It's rather simple as you only need a new instrument panel, the drogue basket housing and the guide (fairing that sits where the AN/ALE chaff/flare system was located).

Another great choice for the Intruder would be a good quality KA-6D conversion. It's rather simple as you only need a new instrument panel, the drogue basket housing and the guide (fairing that sits where the AN/ALE chaff/flare system was located).

Steel Beach has their tanker set already, not sure another conversion will come out.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/sba32014.htm

i'm building the KA-6D with the steelbeach bits, honestly you don't need anything more detailled. SB does the work perfectly IMHO

the right side of the IP is void of anything but a big placard anyway. and the droque system is more than adequate

While they may appear similar, the EA-6B is an entirely different airframe and it would be a complete waste of time, money and resources to release a 'conversion'. It would have to be released as a kit like your Panther, Skyray, etc.

Thanks for the buzzkill Dave!!  I never realized they were that far apart.

LOL, Buzzkill, I haven't heard this term in a long time! Brings back some foggy memories.....

Mike

There will be no EA-6B Prowler from us here at FM&P, like some here have mentioned, it is a different airplane than anything you could convert from the A or E and I am fairly certain there will eventually be a kit from one or another plastics companies.

The EA-6A might be a good subject, but it seems there is someone else already doing it, so I will have to wait and see. I try not to step on other makers toes, this is a very small niche market and there's no point in two companies losing out when one could perhaps make a buck or two .

Best, 

Paul