Posted (edited)

I’m

Still holding my breath: Grumman and USN: Paul’s soft spot:

F11F-1 Tiger

Peter

I Will go for one also

Mark

Edited by mark31

Now....I have been known to have a drink or two and get a crazy idea.

I admit it.

But a Prowler?Holy Horse Exhaust...That would be a serious bit of work.

Form what I recall, there's more to it than just a forward fuselage. Hmmmnnn......

Guest Smitty44

Dont't tease, Paul....but YES!!

It would take a new front fuselage similar to what you did with the RF-8, a "football" for the vertical fin, new inner wing leading edge and of course the complete 4 place cockpit and canopies. I'm sure there's other little bits and pieces as well. Harold already did the under wing pods I believe so that would be a big help. But, just think of the marking options! Let's just get the AD-5 Marine Fat Face out first! HA!

Chuck

Yeah...I was up half the night looking at all my books...It would be a big job to do it right.Not saying it can';t be done, but I have things I must finish before I could attack a job like this.I would need some serious help from my friend Timmy! ,The CAD wizard who did the Cutlass cockpit and seat .

I happen to like both the Intruder and the Prowler.....A lot.

As the song says...."Who knows what tomorrow may bring?"

Bonus points for naming the band.

Back to the books!

Yeah...I was up half the night looking at all my books...It would be a big job to do it right.Not saying it can';t be done, but I have things I must finish before I could attack a job like this.I would need some serious help from my friend Timmy! ,The CAD wizard who did the Cutlass cockpit and seat .

I happen to like both the Intruder and the Prowler.....A lot.

As the song says...."Who knows what tomorrow may bring?"

Bonus points for naming the band.

Back to the books!

You really don't have to worry about the seats as aftermarket seats will work fine. You may have to make the strengthening plates on the head box though. I'd certainly be in for the EA-6B Prowler. Someone on here had a build on using the Trump A-6 and converting.He also had the S-3A Viking

Edited by Maxim

I recently bought a Panther and a Fat face skyraider from Paul and the quality of casting (not to mention the instructions in literate English) is honestly amazing. I would buy a Prowler conversion in a heartbeat. The Panther will be on the bench as soon as I finish my Bearcat:)

I think Mike from Sierra Hotel is planning one this year; it's been some time, but he who comes first now probably reaps the benefits...so, Paul, your call.

That'll end up being like trying to get a hold of his F-4 Intakes! Good luck with getting one if SH produces it. I'd much prefer to send money to Fisher Models. At least they sell what they advertise.

You need more than just a new forward fuselage, cockpit, windscreen & canopies, pylons, football, fin side blisters, fuselage top radome, fuel probe, new engine bay doors, new inner wing leading edges, wing fences, several antennae and IPs(depending on which ICAP you want to build), Birdcage underside cover... ask me how I know!  :whistle:

I'd be in for a EA-6A conversion, but wasn't anybody planning to release Rich's excellent conversion?

Edited by Starfighter