Sign in to follow this  
pep1205

1/32 Tamiya GE exhaust

We have made the PW for Academy for years, and it was recently updated.   The PW for Tamiya is a conversion set with the NSI intake, also been around for a while but just updated to accommodate Aires or CMK wheel wells.   For GE look to Aries.  They make one that sells for $23 at Hannants and I cannot touch one for that price, especially since the GE that comes in the box is very , very nice.

The Aires GE nozzle is open, not closed. I found a nice closed GE nozzle made by a third party on EBay. Mike Reed used it on one of his builds- wish I could tell you more, but an EBay search might bear fruit-

HTH

cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete, I have the one you are referring to =) its really excellent, but no where to be found anymore.

Gary, all those examples are of open exhausts, I'm referring specifically to closed exhausts.

To be honest,   Since they are only closed when under operation, most modelers build their jets parked or at rest.   To make what you are asking is a huge amount of work for only a hand full of sales.  Sorry, but that is the reality.     Why not scratch build one?   It may take you a few tries, but that is how I learned to make patterns before CAD and 3D printing.  

The only way to have a Viper exhaust nozzle closed on the ground is when the engine went on the secondary mode and the pilot was forced to land. In that situation the nozzle remains closed. You may try Trumpeter's nozzles from their F-14 I think they have both open and closed.  

The only way to have a Viper exhaust nozzle closed on the ground is when the engine went on the secondary mode and the pilot was forced to land. In that situation the nozzle remains closed. You may try Trumpeter's nozzles from their F-14 I think they have both open and closed.  

I'm thinking more in the line of inflight displays.

Already tried the Trumpeter tomcat one, its too big.