Iain

32SIG/LSP Telford 2018 - 100 Years of the Royal Air Force

With just two weeks or so to go it looks like we'll have 35 - 40  models to fill our space if I include some not on the current list but built and ready to go for display stored in our reserve collection.
I will base the layout on this number and size of exhibits and work from there.
Should be a great show and thanks to everyone for your participation!
Until then, see you there!!
Roy.

I saw this on another site :  

Breaking news. Telford Council have refused permission to erect signage to Scale Model World. If you do not already know your way to The International Centre, you will need to follow the general TIC direction signs, if you see them. 
Address: St Quentin Gate, Telford TF3 4JH

:hi:

I suspect the council are having a crackdown on "unnecessary" road signage, and SMW just happened to be on when they're doing it.  Thing is, they're not the amateur (and I don't mean that disparagingly) signs that many clubs erect to give directions to their annual show, they are the sort of signs erected for major events by the AA (I think).  I'm at a loss to know what the point is, but that seems to be how it is.

In any case, it's fortunate that it's not difficult to find: just look for signs to the city centre or Telford International Centre, and as someone else said on another site, look for the long queue.

Mike is right, the TIC is so easy to find you don't even need the SatNav!

Once you're off the M54 turn second left (from the south side) an keep going straight! (But not over the roundabouts eh) :D

Have fun!

On 10/26/2018 at 9:16 AM, Royboy said:
With just two weeks or so to go it looks like we'll have 35 - 40  models to fill our space if I include some not on the current list but built and ready to go for display stored in our reserve collection.
I will base the layout on this number and size of exhibits and work from there.
Should be a great show and thanks to everyone for your participation!
Until then, see you there!!
Roy.

Hi Roy,

Apologies but the 1-32nd Halifax won’t be making it. She’s in need of some repairs and I’m not going to be able to get them done before the weekend. 

Look on the bright side though: there’ll be a lot more room on the table!

See you there,

Tom

Hi All - I, along with my son, will be at Telford both days this weekend manning the Aggressors and Adversary SIG alongside Bolton IPMS in Hall 1.

I look forward to meeting and greeting.

Regards,

Steve S.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, tomprobert said:

Hi Roy,

Apologies but the 1-32nd Halifax won’t be making it. She’s in need of some repairs and I’m not going to be able to get them done before the weekend. 

Look on the bright side though: there’ll be a lot more room on the table!

See you there,

Tom

Thanks for letting us know Tom, disappointed, but we have enough reserve to still do a great display!

4 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

The stand looked superb gents. Nice job. :clap2:

Agreed, I dropped by to say high, spoke with Royboy as everybody there was gassing with the public. Splendid effort on the Lancaster and the Tornados’, purely as I’m building one at the mo.

Royboy if you remember I had made hardly any purchases at the time, I changed that, by eventually buying the Land Rover Lightweight & the Bloodhound = £242:doh:

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd