Next GB: Colour my World Blue

BradG

Seems to me that we're jumping the shark on some of these. When does blue grey become so much grey that it's not considered blue any more? In the first post,it says that the early IAF camo of Blue and tan doesn't count, but later on there is a rule about Blue has to be at least 50% of the camo, so why doesn't it count? Are we only counting the upper camo in the 50% test, or the underside color too?

I get the point about inclusion, but at some point the rules get bent so much that it isn't a consistent theme any more. Seems like there are plenty of options out there for people to build without going through mental gymnastics to determine if something passes the “blueness†test. It doesn't seem right that an overall GSB Corsair fits in the same as a yellow nose Bf109 in RLM 70/71/65 as long as it has the early high demarcation line for the RLM 65.

In any themed build there will be those who won't or can't participate because they don't have something that fits. That's just how it is. If we want to be all inclusive, just make a build-whatever-you-want GB. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I'm getting a little confused on what is and isn't allowed for this GB.  This is allowed....

I don't mind which shade of blue you use.

6ZzA7ct.jpg

But this isn't...

I double dog dare you ! :)

213266.jpg

What's the difference between the two? They both have more than 50% topside camo of a shade of blue to me.

Mike

Edited by Dragon

Hi all

I've just returned to the site after a longish break (still been building, but not much in big scales) and thought I'd join in with this GB as a form of re-introduction.

I have this (purchased at the Nats at a very nice price) :-

Lynx-Kit-LSP-GB-Dec17.jpg

and spotted this after a brief Google :-

Lynx-LSP-GB-Dec17.jpg

Now, if I can only find out which blue that is (which has been frustrating me over the weekend!) I will be ready to start  :)

Cheers all

Kev