Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 "Black 1"

Thunnus

This is one of the most beautiful builds I have ever seen. This is such an inspiration i really want to build a 1/32 scale aircraft. I usually build in 1/72 but after a year back in the hobby I'm craving something that can be a little more detailed. Anyway just wanted to say you've inspired me to go big on the next one. Keep it up.

Thank you Obersauce!  I get inspiration from the builds here as well.  I was doing mostly 1/48 scale kits but the additional detail of the bigger builds kept drawing me.  If you're anything like me, you'll really enjoy the jump from the smaller scale!

• 1 year later...

Beautiful! Very inspirational.

Is that a big-tail Dora? I have one in my stash and am looking for a scheme other than the kit decals.

Best

Paul in SF

Update : Thanks Bellis - good thing they have a regular tail too in the kit.

Edited by Pauldoe

On 6/14/2019 at 8:27 AM, Pauldoe said:

Beautiful! Very inspirational.

Is that a big-tail Dora? I have one in my stash and am looking for a scheme other than the kit decals.

Best

Paul in SF

Update : Thanks Bellis - good thing they have a regular tail too in the kit.

Thank you Paul!  Not a big tail Dora but I do have a couple of those big tail kits in my stash and am planning to build one (probably Brown 4) in the future.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, IainM said:

Sublime! Great workmanship, the amount of weathering and your techniques are awesome!!!

Thank you Iain!  I appreciate the comments!

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, JJYL said:

Nice build, spot on weathering

Thank you very much!

On 8/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, ringleheim said:

This plane is gorgeous.

Was the canopy dipped in future before painting?  It seems so shiny and clean; I have trouble getting mine to look like that.

Yes, the canopy was dipped in Future prior to painting!  Sometimes it takes a few tries to get right.  If I get a dust speck or Future pooling, I'll wipe it all off with Windex and re-dip.

13 hours ago, theseeker said:

Outstanding!

Thank you!  Just to let everyone know, I have a couple of builds that are in suspended animation at the moment.  It is summer time and I've been doing more fishing than model building. Here is a sample of what I've been up to ...

But hopefully, I'll be back on the Tamiya F4U-1a and Hasegawa Bf109K-4 builds soon!  Thanks for commenting on this Fw190D-9 build!