Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 "Black 1"

Thunnus

Master Modeler.  Master Angler.  Master Videographer.  I need to shake your hand so some of your Masterfulness rubs off on me.  Nice scenery.  What a relaxing time.  Thanks for sharing the video.  It appears you took up sport fishing some time ago.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Thunnus, I know this thread is really old now but I'm working on the same build right now and I'm nearing the end of the road. My question was around the rigging and what you use to get all that great detail on the lines. I'm usually just an attach some ez line from point to point guy but I really want to up the detail. Any insight into how you do your rigging you would extremely helpful. 

Hey Obersauce!  For my recent builds, I've been using Uschi's rigging thread (Standard size) for my aerials.  In the past I've used EZ Line as well.  But for this particular build, I wanted a particular drape to the sagging aerial so in this case I used stretch sprue for the main aerial and posed some thin copper wire for that secondary wire between the canopy and tail.  I made a little tension spring by wrapping thin strand of electrical wire around the shaft of a micro drill bit.

IMG-0717.jpg

Sections of brass tubing were used for the resistors and little blobs of white glue finished off the details next to the tension spring.  I hope that helps!  

Edited by Thunnus
replaced "isolators" with "resistors"

The wire was just a strand salvaged from an old electrical cord.  The brass tubing will be determined by the aerial.  I use the smallest size that I can get my aerial wire through.  Using the Albion Slide Fit brass tubing sets, I can't thread the smallest sizes (0.3 or 0.4mm OD) so I usually use the next size up (0.5 or 0.6mm).  And if you are really particular, it helps to round off the ends of the little sections of brass tubing to match the resistors found on the real plane.

FW-190-D-Walk-Around-10-Squadron-Signal-

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Viewing two seperate builds of your's is always a treat John.  Especially notable is the (for lack of a better way to discribe it) pre-chipping on areas of the paint work.  That looks both very good and realistic.  Truely a feast for the eyes - respect!

Ernest