Kolibri incoming!

dutik

Great news:

MiniArt, renown for well engineered, highly detailed and affordable military models in 1/35th scale announces a Flettner 282 V-21 Kolibri kit.

Scale is 1/35. Well, it is a helo, kind of, so this fits with the general handling of helos by other manufacturers; but main reason is the option for the modellers to combine it with other military kits and gear.

Kit number is 41003. Status is "In progress". This is earmarked as "interior kit" by MiniArt - so full engine and gear will be included. Given the great line of T-54 kits rolled out by MiniArt this one will become another wonderful kit.

Regards

- dutik

I managed to get some photos in the hour and a half I had last thing this afternoon to finally look around - but give me a few days as we've only just got home - and a huge amount of unpacking to do...

Looks a really nice kit - and I can understand the choice of 1:35 from their perspective.

Iain

The fact that it is 1/35 scale is a complete letdown. The tank people can have it if they want it.

D

That's just the way it is.  Like it or not, manufacturers have standardized on 35th scale for helos.   Not going to change and on the flip side, if it was 32nd, I wouldn't build it because I only do helos in 35th.  Looks like a pretty cool kit, I'll probably go for it.  Now if only they can bang out a 35th Huey, life would be good!

There are 1/18 and 1/16 ones

710x528_8761977_2747182_1496713799.jpg

@ TonyT,

Thanks for that. Well, I hope you know understand who is behind this Kolibri 3D design. I feel great joy to watch the 3D model becomes (hopefully) popular among scale modelers under 1/35 scale manufactured by MiniArt as an injection molded kit. Thanks MiniArt  :thumbsup:

Special thanks to Thomas Mayer for his help to build and present first on public the V21 cutaway alongside my other V6 and V21 prototype models here in LSP forums. Also, special thanks to more than 241 (so far - sales until Nov 25 2017) fellow scale modelers Worldwide, who already purchased the big-sized V6 or V21 Flettner 282 Kolibris cutaway or standard models and honored me with their confidence to my CAD design skills and their great interest on my 3D printed Kolibri model kit.

PS. I am sure you 're smiling up there missy  :)

710x528_11508273_2747182_1496713799.jpg

710x528_11508496_7425789_1496087505.jpg

IMAGE_0265.jpg

IMAGE_0338.jpg

IMAGE_0339.jpg

IMAGE_0356.jpg

2975-27.jpg

2975-2.jpg

IMAGE_0224.jpg

IMAGE_0186.gif

IMAGE_0187.gif

IMAGE_0188.gif

IMAGE_0189.gif

IMAGE_0190.gif

Edited by Nick_Karatzides

Nick, I have to thank YOU for the special pleasure and opportunity to build this amazing kit!

I recently had it on show here in Friedrichshafen (home of Dornier) and your work really turned heads! No need to mention that I didn´t stop to mention your shop on Shapeways!  :)