Some F-16C Block 30 Aggressor questions

Emilio

Good day everybody,

I have a couple of questions to you F-16 experts out there, regarding F-16C Aggressors. As soon as I saw the new Alaskan Aggressor scheme, I thought this is a must build for me. And as Two Bobs released a decal sheet I just have to find out how to build a proper 1/32 F-16C Block 30.

5xJI7jy.jpg

This exact aircraft is #86-0314. After a little bit of research I found out, that every F-16C Bl.30 onward #86-0262 is F110 powered and has the the Big-Mouth MCID intake, right? Which would mean that this specific F-16 could be build by using the Tamiya F-16CJ Bl.50 Kit. And what about the landing gear, I read somewhere that Bl.30s have a light weight landing gear and are missing a bulge on the landing gear door. Maybe someone knowledgeable could enlighten me about the best way to build a 1/32 F-16 Aggressor, with the Thunderbirds kit being sold to prices I`m not willing to pay. 

Thanks in Advance.

Emil

This exact aircraft is #86-0314. After a little bit of research I found out, that every F-16C Bl.30 onward #86-0262 is F110 powered and has the the Big-Mouth MCID intake, right? Which would mean that this specific F-16 could be build by using the Tamiya F-16CJ Bl.50 Kit. And what about the landing gear, I read somewhere that Bl.30s have a light weight landing gear and are missing a bulge on the landing gear door. Maybe someone knowledgeable could enlighten me about the best way to build a 1/32 F-16 Aggressor, with the Thunderbirds kit being sold to prices I`m not willing to pay. 

Thanks in Advance.

Emil

Hi Emil,

...Yes you are correct: MCID intake and GE engine for this jet.

The Tamiya CJ kit will get you very close to block 30. If you use the Tamiya CJ kit and build it with the gear down, you'll need to accept that the CJ has the heavyweight gear and doors, or replace them with parts from the Tamiya Thunderbirds kit.

There are some bulges at the wing roots and LEF fingers that need to be removed from the CJ, and fewer ALE-40 chaff/flare boxes..but that's about it .

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Thanks Pete,

good news, I feared something like a complicated conversion. Is there some sort of resin replacement for the landing gear doors available? If not, I think I can live with that.

Emil