Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

5 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Don't need another K, as the Hasegawa kit is fine, Fly does the Arado, and from what I've seen, is a pretty decent kit, and HKM is supposedly doing the P-51B/C.

We hardly needed another Do.335 - one kit and AM could've supported the rest ... but what are we now - 5 kits in? ... There's also a Trumpeter 109.K ... :DodgeBall: ... ok, ok ... bad inclusion? ... and the Old Man loves those P.51's - even with Tamiya already in the picture. Same with the Revell He.219.

My initial thought on the single seater was Bf.109 (insert whatever variant here) - Funny how a lot of their kit quizzes end up though ... people say "Nooooo ... that would be too obvious, it couldn't be that" and then Bam! There it is! ... If it's a G-6, we may finally get the most accurate one (sans Tamiya)! They could go for the Heinkel's He.100/112? (ZM esoteric's factored in)... but given their previous Ta.152 and the Fw.190's coming online ... I'd say the safe money would be on the Dora.

If the old man has fallen in love with the schräge musik concept and/or the idea of a twin engined night fighter (He.219) .... it could be anything - I'm clutching at straws here ... but given his admiration for Kurt Tank - and again factoring in the ZM esoteric's, an IM Ta-154 isn't out of the question ... (personal wishlist here though screams Do.17z!!!)

A single seat fighter, liquid cooled, USAF: ZM esoteric's here could mean anything!! a P.38 or P.39? (probably the most esoteric choices of the lot) ... P.40? ... P.51.A or B? ... This one's harder to pick than a broken nose!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

On 9/23/2018 at 5:12 PM, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Don't need another K, as the Hasegawa kit is fine, Fly does the Arado, and from what I've seen, is a pretty decent kit, and HKM is supposedly doing the P-51B/C.

I am not a fan of the Hasegawa 1/32 109 or 190 series.  I have purchased one of each and I find them too much like a scaled up 1/48 kit.  I know they are adequate but as a rule i expect more than adequate when I choose to purchase a 1/32 scale kit.  Revell kits although cheaper as rule now are offering as a rule more detail than Hasegawa did in their 1/32 kits.  To me most of what Hasegawa has done was great 10 or 15 years ago but times are moving on.  So if ZM does something better, I am all for it.  If they don’t like you said if you want a K the Hasegawa one is adequate.  I am not a big fan of late war German aircraft anyway as they speak so much of desperation.  I like the ones that had bold personal and unit markings from earlier in the war.  As a result I end up drawn more to late war allied aircraft like the Mustang and early to mid war German Aircraft.

Whatever ZM does, I think I will be buying my first one by next year as they are really doing some stuff I like.

3 hours ago, haveblue said:

I might be reading to much into this, but the USAF was formed in 1947, so I’m placing my bet on the single seat fighter being an F86 :hmmm:....it’s just the liquid cooling part that’s throwing me off. 

I read and thought that too. 

So makes me think it's a P-51 H 

4 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I am not a fan of the Hasegawa 1/32 109 or 190 series.  I have purchased one of each and I find them too much like a scaled up 1/48 kit.  I know they are adequate but as a rule i expect more than adequate when I choose to purchase a 1/32 scale kit.  Revell kits although cheaper as rule now are offering as a rule more detail than Hasegawa did in their 1/32 kits.  To me most of what Hasegawa has done was great 10 or 15 years ago but times are moving on.  So if ZM does something better, I am all for it.  If they don’t like you said if you want a K the Hasegawa one is adequate.  I am not a big fan of late war German aircraft anyway as they speak so much of desperation.  I like the ones that had bold personal and unit markings from earlier in the war.  As a result I end up drawn more to late war allied aircraft like the Mustang and early to mid war German Aircraft.

Whatever ZM does, I think I will be buying my first one by next year as they are really doing some stuff I like.

While I quite like what I've seen of the Z-M kits, if I want a 1:32 J2M Jack (and I do), I can snatch a Hasegawa kit for around $45 or get the Z-M for about $100;... guess which one I'll choose?

1 hour ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

While I quite like what I've seen of the Z-M kits, if I want a 1:32 J2M Jack (and I do), I can snatch a Hasegawa kit for around $45 or get the Z-M for about $100;... guess which one I'll choose?

Isn’t the Hasegawa Raiden a relatively new tool?  From what I recall the molding quality is much higher on the Raiden than on their 109 and 190 series.  I have seen the Hasegawa Raiden on line and really like it.  I have considered both as it is a plane I have kind of wanted to build, just don’t have my heart set on it.  I think I personally kind of lean ZM Raider as it has more internal detail which is novelty factor but it is a nice kit from what I have seen.

1 hour ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

That's nice and I guess ZM is not for you if a cheap alternative exists, but you get what you pay for.  The ZM "Jack" is loaded with detail that I am willing to pay for at a higher price (which is $89.00 on Sprue Brothers and other hobby stores, not $100.00).  It's the same reason I chose the ZM He 219 "Owl" over the Revel offering.  The problem I see now with Hasegawa is that all of their offerings in 1/32 look like scaled-up 1/48 kits.  

"The quality lingers long after the price is forgotten."

40 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Isn’t the Hasegawa Raiden a relatively new tool?  From what I recall the molding quality is much higher on the Raiden than on their 109 and 190 series.  I have seen the Hasegawa Raiden on line and really like it.  I have considered both as it is a plane I have kind of wanted to build, just don’t have my heart set on it.  I think I personally kind of lean ZM Raider as it has more internal detail which is novelty factor but it is a nice kit from what I have seen.

Interesting question. According to our own database entry, this kit was a 2011 release. When the 109's and 190's were released, I do not know.

2 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Yep , too much kit for too much money.  Too much of the 'added detail'

in the ZM kits is pure fiction. Spars and stringers and who knows what

else is there to support other added detail. Someone should review how

much of their kits added detail 'is' fictitious.

Still 'transformers in heat' to me.

ADokxqh.jpg

;)

Edited by MikeMaben

• Jan_G changed the title to Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS