Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

fnf0p2.jpg

I caved :)

Extreme restraint shown not not buy handfuls of add ons :doh:

tSPFr7.jpg

That picture was taken at Volks in tokyo right? The 5 floor building lol

I keep going there when i have layovers in tokyo and hoarding a suitcase full of stuff!!

Karim

That picture was taken at Volks in tokyo right? The 5 floor building lol

I keep going there when i have layovers in tokyo and hoarding a suitcase full of stuff!!

Karim

Actually the photo is from a building right next door to Volks, its called Hobby Square Tokyo.

ik4n8C.jpg Heading into this building which is literally next to volks on the Eastern Side, its called Radiokaikan

Inside the building there are 3 stores which sell modelling stuff, but the best 2 by far are:

K5GDaK.jpg On level 8, they sell the ZM models and actually have a better range than Volk's

kFMKZx.jpg On level 6.....I like this store better than Hobby Square, but they don't stock ZM

Cheers :)

Edited by haveblue

I'm going to Tokyo the first week in April, please post the address for these places. Google Maps shows Radiokaikan as about 10 minutes' drive due North of the Ginza (address: 秋葉原ラジオ会館, Japan, 〒101-0021 TÅkyÅ-to, Chiyoda-ku, Sotokanda, 1 Chome−15−16).

I'm going to Tokyo the first week in April, please post the address for these places. Google Maps shows Radiokaikan as about 10 minutes' drive due North of the Ginza (address: 秋葉原ラジオ会館, Japan, 〒101-0021 TÅkyÅ-to, Chiyoda-ku, Sotokanda, 1 Chome−15−16).

Bill, see

http://tokyo-hobby-shops.geraet040.net/

I also recommend Yodobashi Camera and more than the models I miss the food in Japan.

Have fun

Ralph

Edited by Ralph-D

Hey Bill!

Volks is in the building left of the yellow one in the photo. Look up volks tokyo in google and it's on the 5th of radio kaikan. The yellow building next to it as haveblue mentioned seems to have really cool stuff. I'd take his lead on it. I managed to nab two hortens with all the accessories in 1/32 at a really good price. Take your passport with you so you get the detax right then and there

K

Jealous!  Japan is on my bucket list for SURE. The Japanese and their culture are so quaintly unique and weird (in a great way!) that it really makes me want to go there. I love any culture that can  even be insulting to you and be so polite about it that you would never know you got insulted. 

Thanks, Ralph, as I suspected that place is about 20 minutes by subway from my hotel or even walk-able in 45.

I haven't been back to Japan in 30 years. And I'm going at the WORST time (cherry blossom season). Hotels are mobbed and prices through the roof. But I have to go on business and would love to score something cool to bring back. Too bad Z-M hasn't released their FW series they have promised for years now. Maybe some figures for a diorama?

Edited by Bill Cross

Hmmm I must have missed something (that's not unusual) I built the Ta 152 H1 a few years ago and the only problem I had with it was the decals. There was a bit of a struggle fitting the engine but sticking my tongue in my cheek and swearing helped quite a bit.

Other cities have Volks and shops dedicated to specific manufacturers. Osaka comes to mind and has several great places to visit. The food is also fantastic. Good luck with your search. The passport comment was also a good suggestion.

Troy

Hi Bill,

Happy to help, as others have already linked a site which explains a lot of hobby stores in Japan I'll just post a couple of pictures of where the stores are in relation to the nearest train station, because thats the easiest way to get to these places really :)

I'll rank the places in order of my preference...

1. Yellow Submarine : Best selection of PE, a different selection of kits to Yodabashi...and I can buy AK interactive/MIG there.
  2. Hobby Square Tokyo : This is where you will find all the ZM stuff including all the accessories for each kit they make, good selection of Vallejo paints
  3. Yodabashi Camera: By far the biggest kit volume in Tamiya (even more than the actual Tamiya store) and good for Trumpeter etc, good for tools as well.
  4. Volks: Where you can also buy ZM kits, but they don't seem to stock as many accessories, great for Vallejo as well, also sells Alclad paints.
  5. BIC Camera: I go here because they have the cheapest Mr Hobby thinners ($6 for 400ml of levelling thinner!) and paints :) but very limited on kits.
  6. Tamiya Plamodel: Worth a visit for sure, but underwhelming on kit selection...I go here to get my Tamiya Model Magazine which they sell in English.

Yellow Submarine (level 6) and Hobby Square (level 8) are in the same building (Radiokaikan)...use Akihabara JR Station

Radiokaikan address: 1 Chome−15−16,Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021

Yodabashi (level 6) address:1-1 Kanda Hanaokacho, Chiyoda, Tokyo 101-0028

Volks (level 5): In a separate building to Yellow Submarine and Hobby Square, but next door...use Radiokaikan address and go one building West

Bic Camera (Level 4...I think)...1-11-1, YuurakuchoChiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0006....theres also a shack shake nearby!  :beer: Use Yurakucho Station

Tamiya Plamodel : 4-7-2 Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo 105-004...use Shimbashi Station, 5 min walk from the station

LLd2qC.png

8vwH2g.png

g8xpMv.png

Sorry one last picture....these are retailers around the world who stock the ZM Super Wing Series, found the list in Hobby Square:

ol2PV6.jpg

Edited by haveblue