Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

Just been having a look at the Do 335 A-12 I bought yesterday, it really is magnificent, ZM are seriously raising the bar.

ps. the A-12's a limited release, so if you want one, don't dilly dally.

Was that at Telford?

What did you pay?

I was tempted to pick an A-12 up but I wanted a HK B-2 more, didn't come across one at any of the stands I visited and by the time I came to the conclusion I wasn't going to find one I'd spread the ear marked cash around several other stalls anyway. Oops. Already saving for the ZM purchases next year!

... Announced prior to Do-335 and F-4 series. At least two years ago. Not sure why release is taking that long ...

... And there's your answer ... The Fw.190 concept was announced early (at the start of it's development). I'm not exactly sure why?

Perhaps it was because they were excited about the Standard vs Basic idea?

Most people tend to think that a subject is thought about ... and then SHAZZAM!! ... It becomes a kit within a year ... whereas the gestation period is more like 3-4 years.

From what I've seen from most producers ... the announcements are made 'just prior' to release ... or through the final (one year?) of development.

This is why the Do.335, Ki.45 and Hs.129 look like they've kicked the Fw.190 to the kerb ... When the reality is ... they probably entered development at similar times.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Yeah, it was £151 - I also bought the additional sets... expensive in a way, but the hours of enjoyment compared with football/theatre/film/bands it works out far cheaper. Great kit.

That is exactly the way to look at a purchase like the larger ZM kits, it's all about the hours of fun that the kit will provide. When you look at them that way they are actually good value for money (I'll keep trying to convince myself of that anyway :) )

Duncan B

Just been having a look at the Do 335 A-12 I bought yesterday, it really is magnificent, ZM are seriously raising the bar.

ps. the A-12's a limited release, so if you want one, don't dilly dally.

Mine is on the way. Did not dilly nor dally. I skipped the other variant. Need to have one and this is the most interesting.

Rick