Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:08 AM, Artful69 said:

Heya ... Just a quick quiz to all about the Ki.45 ... Apparently 2 versions can be built OOB.

With the heavy inclusion of clear sprues as well as opaque counterparts ... does anyone have an exact read on the additional sprues required (and amount/multiples of) in order to build a second A/C from the one boxing? ... I'm seriously considering biting the bullet!

Rog :)

Where would you order these additional sprues from?  I looked at previously releases on ZM and VolksUSA sites and didn't see a place to order additional sprues.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

When I last visited Volk's USA. I overheard, they were thinking  of removing ordering extra sprues feature off the website.

As people were buying extra sprues for the Hu 219 to fix the Revell kits engine nacelles. I guess a lot of people were taking advantage of the system.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:08 PM, Artful69 said:

Heya ... Just a quick quiz to all about the Ki.45 ... Apparently 2 versions can be built OOB.

With the heavy inclusion of clear sprues as well as opaque counterparts ... does anyone have an exact read on the additional sprues required (and amount/multiples of) in order to build a second A/C from the one boxing? ... I'm seriously considering biting the bullet!

to answer your question Rog, here is the manual for download with all sprues (marked if its provided only in grey or in clear as well)

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/download/Manual_ki45kai_tei_kouki_p58_59.pdf

to build 2nd model out of 1 box you will need these sprues:

D (1x); E (2x); I (1x); J (1x); K (1x); L (1x); O (1x); M (1x); N (1x); Q (1x); P (1x); T (1x)

most of the being small sprues

HTH

jan

7 hours ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

When I last visited Volk's USA. I overheard, they were thinking  of removing ordering extra sprues feature off the website.

As people were buying extra sprues for the Hu 219 to fix the Revell kits engine nacelles. I guess a lot of people were taking advantage of the system.

How is that taking advantage ?  Buying sprues is better than buying nothing. 

azOGqRE.jpg

Buying portions of a kit will not work. First of all, as you can clearly see in the top left corner, the offer to buy "part runners" is available to Japan only. Secondly, when ZM gets the kits from the factory, they get full boxes ready to sell. There are no separate runners, in a pile somewhere, ready to sell individually. When you ask for "part runners", they take them from a kit box, which suddenly becomes an unsaleable product. They will simply refuse to sell you these parts - they are under no obligation to do so anyway. 

Radu

Edited by Radub

Indeed - I spoke to them a few years back regarding getting some Wright R-3350's from their Skyraider kit for my Constellation project - they explained then that they would have to 'break' complete kits to do so.

I was, maybe, thinking of taking the spare airframe parts in the kit + some scratching to make a Kawasaki Ki-102 'Randy' - as I think that may be doable...

Oh, look, another squirrel!  :)

Iain

50 minutes ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

Indeed - I spoke to them a few years back regarding getting some Wright R-3350's from their Skyraider kit for my Constellation project - they explained then that they would have to 'break' complete kits to do so.

I was, maybe, thinking of taking the spare airframe parts in the kit + some scratching to make a Kawasaki Ki-102 'Randy' - as I think that may be doable...

Oh, look, another squirrel!  :)

Iain

Indeed! Have any of you discussed with ZM whether it was possible to purchase "partial kits"? Did you get an answer that this is possible? This will just cause their email inbox to get clogged with unrealistic demands. 

Radu