Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

I have yet to buy and build a zm kit but i must say most of their subject touch a sweet spot for me. Unfortunately the cost has kept me at bay until i really need one.

I kinda feel bad for not supporting a company that is building all the kits that fit me so well. Like the p-51 skyraider with filding wings, the ho229 their amazing 1/48 f-4 the list goes on

I'll be buying both these kits, for sure. The Nick is one I've been waiting my whole life for. The Henschel, even though I already built Jerry's kit, is a welcome addition, as well and I could see myself maybe even building two more. As great as Jerry's kit was, it was a project that took a lot of time and some modifications to really get it together the way I wanted it to look. I don't care so much about the internal structures, either, but just having a well detailed IM kit of this will be great.

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

What's the world coming to?!?!?!

THREE boxings of a Hs-129, multiple Ki-45 boxings, an initial Lancaster kit from HK, and two Lancs from, of all people, Wingnut Wings?!

I need to make space. I just cannot add anymore to my stash, but I can't let the Hs-129, Ki-45 & HK Lanc's pass me by.

I'll sell my duplicate kits, so a couple of Felixstowe's to go, multiple Tamiya WWII kits, plus a LOT of Revell's Ju-88's.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:48 AM, Old Dog said:

Lovely, in my younger days I would be all of this but now I just see a lot of work going into places it won't be seen. Just give me the stuff that shows and I would be happy !

I'd have to agree. I was pretty interested in the 129 kit, but after seeing hundreds of parts that will never be seen, I'll probably be passing on this one. And I thought that Hasegawa over-engineered their kits! Yikes! Fred K.

40 minutes ago, mark31 said:

it doesn't look so. That guy is taking preorders and states tat it should be released in September 2018 or till the end of 2018.

IMHO if it would be ready, we would get lot of info in Old man blog already :)

jan

Regarding the ZM kits complexity, two elements should be considered. First, if the structural elements are generally a poor reflect of reality, they add a lot of strength to large multi-engine kits. So, to me they are a positive feature. Second nobody is forced to add, paint and detail parts that will never be seen even if they are in the box. What I do not like is the Asian trendy fashion to use large clear parts in kits. Clear plastic is generally less forgiving and user-friendly to use. Moreover I have yet to see one painted kit with such gimmick and quite toyish features. 

2 hours ago, f5guy said:

I'd have to agree. I was pretty interested in the 129 kit, but after seeing hundreds of parts that will never be seen, I'll probably be passing on this one. And I thought that Hasegawa over-engineered their kits! Yikes! Fred K.

You know...  You only need to include the parts you want to include.  If you are not building a cutaway version, then leave the hidden parts off.  I went through my Skyraider kit and put big X's over all of the steps to leave off.  Makes the kit way less intimidating and time consuming.  I leave unseen or hard to see parts off of most builds these days.

I know the kit is priced based on the engineering, but these are the only 1/32 kits of these planes you will probably ever be able to buy.  I hope you change your mind and give her a whirl.

Happy modeling!

22 minutes ago, Mustang JBB said:

You know...  You only need to include the parts you want to include.  If you are not building a cutaway version, then leave the hidden parts off.  I went through my Skyraider kit and put big X's over all of the steps to leave off.  Makes the kit way less intimidating and time consuming.  I leave unseen or hard to see parts off of most builds these days.

I know the kit is priced based on the engineering, but these are the only 1/32 kits of these planes you will probably ever be able to buy.  I hope you change your mind and give her a whirl.

Happy modeling!

Agreed, the overengineering gives those that want open panels etc, the option to do so, parts can always be deleted from the build if not needed.  Could also use some unused parts as a separate display next to the model, for example radio equipment that would be normally invisible or all of the gun detail.

Doubly agreed that no one else is doing a Ki-45 of HS-129 to this standard in 1/32 so better enjoy while you can.  Zoukei is doing subjects that almost no one else would at this level in 1/32, in fact most of their kits in 1/32 so far have been off the beaten track, I would say the only conventional high demand kits have been the Skyraider and the Raiden.  The others are somewhat out of left field as few if any of the real planes ever entered service.  The Shinden and the Horton may not have ever been off the ground and darn few Ta-152’s were ever made.

28 minutes ago, Mustang JBB said:

Happy modeling!

I intend to do much the same with the big Typhoon. Gun bays are very well detailed, but I'll just leave out all that stuff, same with the engine, installing only what's necessary to support other needed items.