F7F-3 Tigercat - BuNo 80405 - VMF 312 MCAS - El Toro, CA 1946

Out2gtcha

Thanks gents!

9 hours ago, Starfighter said:

VERY nice - I'd just suggest to add a light wash to the ignition wires to blend them in a bit more with the overall weathering of the engines. 

I was thinking the same, but need to experiment with it. They really do accept a LOT of liquid and anything that touches the "wires" gets wicked up in them in an instant, so there is no wiping anything off afterwords. I just need to experiment a bit to see what looks right.  Honestly they are a lot less bright than they actually look in the pics.

5 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Wonderful.

i-8c3tGkD-X3.jpg

Is this yellow beading thread?

Thanks Mark. Im not sure actually. Its all braided line (TINY braided line at about .04 or .05) from ANYZ.  It does appear yellow here, but my camera with the lights is known to play havoc with oranges and yellows and makes them look all sorts of funky.  The color is actually much more copper/gold than yellow. 

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks gents!

I was thinking the same, but need to experiment with it. They really do accept a LOT of liquid and anything that touches the "wires" gets wicked up in them in an instant, so there is no wiping anything off afterwords. I just need to experiment a bit to see what looks right.  Honestly they are a lot less bright than they actually look in the pics.

Thanks Mark. Im not sure actually. Its all braided line (TINY braided line at about .04 or .05) from ANYZ.  It does appear yellow here, but my camera with the lights is known to play havoc with oranges and yellows and makes them look all sorts of funky.  The color is actually much more copper/gold than yellow. 

Gel superglue works great with the braided line. I have played with a bit of it, but in the end I decided my stash of it was too large for 1/32 scale. When I return to my 24th scale Hellcat, it will be a different ball game!

Love the work, Bri. Keep them coming!

THOR    :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

Wonderfully complex work on the engines!  If you were thinking about adding a wash to the braided lines, it might help to shoot them with a clear coat to make them less absorbent.

Now thats a great idea!  Where were you before I attached the ignition coil!!   :lol: Jk, that is a good idea. Might have to experiment with that