F7F-3 Tigercat - BuNo 80405 - VMF 312 MCAS - El Toro, CA 1946

Out2gtcha

Thanks gents!

I'm going to try to get this one knocked out before spring ......

I'm going to invest in a new tow vehicle next year for our off road trailer, and have a feeling I'll be thrust into 4x4 and off road trailer mode.

Hopefully I can get into this one deep and actually knock it out to completion.

Thanks all. It's been so long between build session that I'm having trouble  figuring out which areas to start on. I've figured out most of the MLG but don't want to glue things in place quite yet.

I started on the PE exhaust flaps and got all 8 sections roughly made but still need to finish sand them and prime them. 

As usual with this kit, things are always SO much more complex and harder to assemble than they need to be that I have to jump around to keep from getting bogged down anyway.

I think my next step will be to tackle the myriad of different PE pieces on the surface of the exterior. 

Thanks again all. I'm going to need ALL the words of encouragement I can get to bring this big girl across the finish line. Its really the same ol, same ol, here as pretty much even the small things are draining with this kit, but I have some really good stuff to look forward to, so Ive still got a lot of passion going for the model. 
I did start on the brass PE last night, and figured I start with the hardest single piece; the rear spine. The kit part is a 15mm long section of super thin PE brass, and of course in the process of sanding it down a bit, I bent the hold @*#$! out of it. 
I had nearly 0 confidence in being able to cut a slot for the PE strip directly down the center of the spine, so the dilemma of using or not using the PE part was settled for me.

I proceeded to trace the outline of the re-flattened (as best I could) brass part onto some thin styrene sheet and just glued the new styrene spine on with some thin CA, then sanded it smooth.

I've got a crew of about 6 or 7 guys going hammer and tongs on my roof to get it replaced, so Im in and out today but pics soon!  

Cheers