Help - AM engines for He 111P

Wackyracer

Hi everybody.

I've a very interesting pics of a He-111p that's been downed. In the most part the wings are off and the engines sitting by the side.

I really fancy having a go at creating the scene as it wont be a quarter of the size of the complete plane and I think would make an interesting dio.

w5mBTzi.jpg

QYaa8Z8.jpg

So my longwinded way of getting to my question is are there any am engines I could use? Research seems to point to Daimler Benz DB601A-1 but I cant find these. CMK do a DM601A and still available and Eduard did also (for the 109E's)but now discontinued.

Are these suitable or are there any others I've overlooked?

I've got all the cmk am with fuel cells, undercarriage and cockpit as well as Eduard etch sets and HGW belts and of course the Revell 1/32 He 11P!

Edited by Wackyracer

found my answer via another forum...

Looking online at a reference in a book with the catchy title of Operation Barbarossa : the complete organisational and statistical analysis, Nigel Askey it states that due to DB601A engine production being reserved for Bf109 and Bf110, He111P production was halted in early 1940. The P's were the only He111 to use the 601A. So if your engine comes from a Bf109E (up to E-4's) or a Bf110D, then externally they are the same as that in the He111P. My reading is that there were A-1 and Aa versions of the DB601 that were rated for different output h.p.

CMK resin DB601A's ordered for collection at SMW this weekend!