Kitty Hawk to release 1/35 HH-60G

Usmcski

I'd LOVE to see what you do with it, Pig! 

Not to sound like a broken record, but now we need KH to do an accurate AH-1G, AH-1J, AH-1T, AH-1W, and UH-1N, all in 35th and 48th....

Semper,

Ski

Hey Ski-

So glad you gave me a heads-up on this one! I love helos-they're like flying armor..dirty boot prints on the floor and spent shells..so cool

Cheers

Pete

Great news! I hope they don't completely mess up the nose section as MRC did. I am hoping for the naval versions as well, I'm working on my SH-60F since several years... If the nose section is properly proportioned, I wouldn't mind doing the conversion myself.

Great news! I hope they don't completely mess up the nose section as MRC did. I am hoping for the naval versions as well, I'm working on my SH-60F since several years... If the nose section is properly proportioned, I wouldn't mind doing the conversion myself.

Hi Ben, excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with the MRC nose on the helo?

Jack.

Having been out of the UH-60M/S-70 loop for a few years now, I have a couple questions for the guys that know this helo....  First, did the miniguns in the gunners doors go away or is the fact that the CAD images show the M2 in each gunners station a configuration and can be interchanged between Minigun and Ma Deuce?  Second, the image of the Robbie tank is not what I remember.  The CAD image of the tank looks a lot larger than what I remember being installed in the S-70's (UH-60 Mikes) when I worked the FMS line in 2011.  Has this been changed since then?  I know these are just CAD images but do the plume detectors look a bit "overpronounced" to anyone else?  Also, the front of the aircraft isn't being shown so I don't know if it has the radar in the center of the nose or on a pylon of sorts off to the side of the nose.  I also can't see the FLIR ball under the nose.  I'm sure it's there but I think it's strange that the CAD image of the nose isn't presented.  Also, what happened to the large towel bar antenna that was on the side of the tail boom (I've forgotten which side it was on over the years); was it replaced by updated technology?  I do see the hoist on the right side of aircraft.  the antennas on the whale tail look similar to what I remember, as does the IR jammer.  I'm kind of thinking I might give this kit a shot since I do have a soft spot for the USAF MH-60G's (I just think they look cooler than do the US Army UH-60 DAP's). 

I "attempted" to build an Academy 1/35 MH-60G (from the DAP kit) a bunch of years ago and ended up throwing it in the trash.  I just didn't have the wearwithall to fix all the minutia problems I found with the kit.  Having spent a bit of time climbing on and over these helicopters I felt like I knew them pretty well (at the time) and what I was seeing in real life didn't necessarily agree with what the kit details represented, especially on the interior (fit of the floor was a big concern)... so, in the trash it went. 

These are just early CAD pic releases. I'm sure KH will release more as time goes on. I wouldn't sweat the minor issues right now, as I'm sure KH will change some things before the molds are made.

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench