Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 Black One

Thunnus

Beautiful work and thanks for sharing your talent and tricks of the trade mate!!

Very nice finish

Cheers

Alan

Thanks so much Alan!

By they way after the wonderful build sequence my only intrigue is how did you paint the tail tire sidewall so perfectly, freehand?  

Maurice... I posted this build at LSP months after I had already started.  So I tried to catch up as quickly as possible but as a result, I ended up skipping some steps.  The original build thread (posted elsewhere) was 56 pages long.  One of the things I I skipped for the LSP condensed version was the rear tire painting.  You can kind of infer from the picture that I did post that I used masks.  The masks were cut using a ThinnerLine circle cutter that I had just bought.  The ThinnerLine cutter cuts amazing circles BUT, due to it's design, it is difficult to dial in a specific radius.

pSomLKK.jpg

I just had to play around with different circles until I got the sizes I needed.

hppTvSz.jpg

4oj3Z6Z.jpg

Thanks guys!  I specifically bought the Eagle Editions 190 Tail Wheel JUST so I could put a white sidewall on it!  Too hard to do on the kit wheel when the axel/wheel is molded into one piece.

Weird, I can only see your photos from page 8 forward.  All your images from page 1-7 aren't posting.  Anyone know what my computer is doing wrong?

Collin

Not your computer. Its PB ransome ploy .......Harv

It's not Photobucket.  When that Photobucket thing happened, I went through the whole hassle of migrating all of my D-9 build photos to another photo server and then re-editing my build post to reflect the new photo locations.  So none of the posted photos on this thread are on Photobucket.  They are on either IMGUR or Postimage.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what is going on.  I just cleared my cache and was able to see all of the photos from pages 1-7.  The photos on pages 1-3 are hosted on IMGUR and 3-9 are on Postimage.  Both IMGUR and Postimage have periodic outages to their service so maybe that is what people are experiencing.

I've currently just started a build of the same kit. Not as many extra goodies as yours (some fabric belts and eaglecals) and I think i'm going to be attempting the "Blue 12" paint scheme. I'm also going to make an attempt at riveting (a lot of firsts with this build). I know it will be a lot of work but in the end the detail makes a big difference. I was just wondering where you found the plans for placing the rivets? I assume just a bunch of hunting on google but if there is some secret out there to finding them please let me know. 

Again thanks for sharing this build, it's the reason why I have the same kit on the bench right now.

Very inspiring work. 

i have just read all 10 pages, thank you very much for sharing your processes and tips, superb modelling

Thank you very much!  I was posting this particular build on another site and decided to share it here at LSP after a lot of the work had already been completed so the build description here is somewhat condensed.

I've currently just started a build of the same kit. Not as many extra goodies as yours (some fabric belts and eaglecals) and I think i'm going to be attempting the "Blue 12" paint scheme. I'm also going to make an attempt at riveting (a lot of firsts with this build). I know it will be a lot of work but in the end the detail makes a big difference. I was just wondering where you found the plans for placing the rivets? I assume just a bunch of hunting on google but if there is some secret out there to finding them please let me know. 

Again thanks for sharing this build, it's the reason why I have the same kit on the bench right now.

Very inspiring work. 

Thank you!  The Hasegawa kit is a solid kit and the add-ons in my build could be considered enhancements and not necessarily corrections.  Blue 12 is a very interesting scheme and there are a lot of photographs to help you depict that particular machine.  Jerry Crandall's Dora Volume 1 has lots of information including an analysis of the well-known color photograph of Blue 12, highly recommended.  When I did Blue 12 as a 1/48 scale build (the Hobby Boss kit), I came across this little video snippet of Blue 12...

https://youtu.be/G4_Nsfcdx9g

If you message me your email address, I can share with you some plans that might be helpful if you want to put rivets on your Dora model.