Wingnut Wings AEG Build Guide Now Available!

LSP_Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

The whole attitude is like - for that amount of money it should be much more professional. 

He compares it to Michael Rinaldi's books...

??? How more professional?

And what's wrong with Michael Rinaldi's books? I have the whole Tank Art series.

And what's wrong with Michael Rinaldi's books? I have the whole Tank Art series.

Yes, I had the same questions. I have most of Rinaldi's books, too, and while I have a couple of nits with them, it isn't for content.

I think Rinaldi's books are there as an example how it should look like. So there's nothing wrong with them, probably.  :)

Juraj

Well, there's nothing wrong with Karim's book unless you don't like online publishing. The reasonable price of e-books means that items that might not otherwise get published do because the publisher doesn't have to recoup a big up-front investment.

• 10 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

I find that flat-out bizarre, quite frankly. How much does he think it costs? It's 15 AUD - about 11 USD, £8.50, or less than 10 Euro. I can only agree that he's missed the point, as I feel it's tremendous value for money. I guess some people are only impressed by fancy layout and graphics. But hey, he's entitled to his opinion, and I can't really begrudge him that.

Kev

It's a bloody bargain Kevin!

I prefer electronic books. You can view them on multiple devices, zoom in, print bits, it's environmentally sound, doesn't wear out, there's instant delivery & they take no storage space.

Plus, they allow publishers to successfully sell small amounts of books, that just wouldn't be financially viable in print form.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, Bill Cross said:

Well, there's nothing wrong with Karim's book unless you don't like online publishing. The reasonable price of e-books means that items that might not otherwise get published do because the publisher doesn't have to recoup a big up-front investment.

In Europe, e-books are liable for 20% VAT, whereas books avoid VAT altogether.

It's a bit odd.

• 11 months later...