Wingnut Wings AEG Build Guide Now Available!

LSP_Kevin

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin,

I've never bought an e-Book before (much prefer bricks & mortar) so I have a couple of questions.

Can the book be downloaded to a couple of devices? I'm thinking my desktop and my tablet?

Can any of the pages be printed out at home? I don't have a computer at the bench..... waaaaay too distracting for me!

Hi Kevin,

I've never bought an e-Book before (much prefer bricks & mortar) so I have a couple of questions.

Can the book be downloaded to a couple of devices? I'm thinking my desktop and my tablet?

Can any of the pages be printed out at home? I don't have a computer at the bench..... waaaaay too distracting for me!

Downloading: yes! The download link remains valid perpetually, with the only complicating factor being that it's in your in-box, so you need to be able to access that email from your other devices.

A better way to do this is to create an account on the website before you purchase, so that when you do, it becomes part of your purchase history in your account, and you're able to log in at any time and re-download it. That way you're not reliant on an email trapped in your computer. I think you can create the account as part of the checkout process, too. And if for some reason that goes wrong, I can marry up pre-account purchases to a customer account after the fact.

Printing: Yes! Again, there's a complicating factor, and that is that the notional page size doesn't match any standard physical page dimensions, but most printers will handle it. On an A4 sheet in portrait orientation, it should print slightly letterboxed (ie, centred vertically on the page, with non-printed white bands top and bottom). I recommend doing a single page test print to ensure you get the desired result, before printing the whole thing!

Kev

I'm pleased to report that Karim's AEG book has now become our best-selling title! This is a very gratifying response, and a special thanks goes out to everyone who has purchased the book. And if you haven't, here's the link again!

Building the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late in 1/32 Scale

Kev

Fantastic book Kev, I purchased my copy last weekend and love it, even If I wasnt going to build the AEG its packed full of useful hints and tips as well as the rigging guide. All grest stuff!

Regards. Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Dan - glad you like the book! Having the emails disappear like that is an occupational hazard, unfortunately, but I'm glad you were able to find them. Don't forget that if you create a customer account on the website, you can log in and retrieve your purchases at any time.

Kev

• 5 months later...

Another review appeared in one of the Czecho-Slovak printed modeling magazines (written by Zdenko Bugan):

41735850834_65c398078f_c.jpg

42458677691_c2d1b74e41_c.jpg

I must say it's not very favorable:
The book is too long, repetitive, the build is not excellent all the time, pictures are not excellent all the time, bad choice of model as it's almost black everywhere, most of it is available online for free so why pay for it and one can share it with friends so how can this be cost-effective...

:mental:

Well, I hope they sell the magazine in tens of thousands, because he's presenting his build of WnW's Junkers D.I there on 8 pages...

Cheers

Juraj

Thanks for the heads up Juraj. Any chance you can pm me a clear photo of the review so i can use translate on it and forward it to someone. Will probably email him cos this is a bit unfair i feel. The reviews we have received from the book were all positive. Strange might be timed on purpose with the release of his article

I have to say I'm surprised and a little bit suspicious of that review myself, as it's the only one so far to have anything even remotely negative to say. Still, if we offer up our material for review, then we have to take what they say on the chin; but I'm sure anyone who has bought the book would disagree with the points made in this particular review.

Kev

I can help with the translation, if you are interested, but I think it would be a waste of time and energy.
The whole attitude is like - for that amount of money it should be much more professional. 

He compares it to Michael Rinaldi's books...

I think he misses the fact that the build was not made and documented with the book in mind from the start.

And there's no mention of the other books you have published too.

Well, he doesn't like it. What can you do?

By the way, it can be bought in digital version here:

https://www.press.sk/2018+402/modelar-c.-052018/

Juraj

On 5/31/2018 at 5:13 PM, Trak-Tor said:

The whole attitude is like - for that amount of money it should be much more professional.

I find that flat-out bizarre, quite frankly. How much does he think it costs? It's 15 AUD - about 11 USD, £8.50, or less than 10 Euro. I can only agree that he's missed the point, as I feel it's tremendous value for money. I guess some people are only impressed by fancy layout and graphics. But hey, he's entitled to his opinion, and I can't really begrudge him that.

Kev