Captain Roy Brown's Camel

Bradleygolding

• 1 month later...

I'm Back! Although I never really went away. What with Christmas, visitors staying, and the the kids getting into modelling and needing constant supervision, there has been very little time for work on the Camel, but I did manage some.

28291714249_0162350fbe_c.jpg

I managed to fabricate all of the metalwork holding the engine, carb, and machine guns.

28291720309_0698e80ab1_c.jpg

And I am running out of excuses for not turning this piece of plastic into a representation of the the drawing and photo on the right!

25201931727_e1f8bd3723_c.jpg

My son has been eyeing the Camel with interest, so I got one of these for him at Christmas. I knew nothing about it except that the guns are upside down. It turns out it is a Panto-graphed 1/32 version of the Revell machine with all of it's errors and some more thrown in for good measure. They have reduced the length of the cabane struts, but they are still in the wrong place (more of that in another post). He has made a reasonable effort and it is nearly complete.

Hope to post some more soon.

Steve

I knew nothing about it except that the guns are upside down. It turns out it is a Panto-graphed 1/32 version of the Revell machine with all of it's errors and some more thrown in for good measure. They have reduced the length of the cabane struts, but they are still in the wrong place (more of that in another post). He has made a reasonable effort and it is nearly complete.

Hope to post some more soon.

Steve

I would see what you can show us about the cabane struts.

What do you think is the reason for the differences between your drawings and the Revell & Academy kits?

I would see what you 

What do you think is the reason for the differences between your drawings and the Revell & Academy kits?

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I seem to have stalled on this for a while, but I have been busy in other areas. The photos below show the work on a 1:1 Scale Continental W670 engine, attached of course to a 1:1 Scale Boeing Stearman. Yep Annual Inspection time!

40979455271_5f05567e15_c.jpg

40937973382_0b21b51dd2_c.jpg

40937968272_86f1922660_c.jpg

40270281634_791e71316f_c.jpg

39170855290_446df5d8ae_c.jpg

If any of you are going to do a Stearman, you might find these useful.

May some more Sopwithing next?

Steve

• 3 months later...

Okay so I don't think I can quite say "I'm Back", there is some progress. Loss of mojo, along with my nine year old son spraying everything with black whilst panting a BayBlade have meant a longer than expected hiatus. Anyway, I knew that the IP was going to be a struggle and did involve some false starts. Some of the instruments are a little large, but I am quite pleased with the overall result, the sight gauge in particular. I will do some decals for the instrument faces. Still working on the compass.29588871338_0831f660e0_c.jpg

All the best,

Steve