Do you want Revell to release a new tool 1/32 P-51B??

alaninaustria

The Trumpeter kit is worse than useless. No amount of TLC can fix the fact that they somehow managed to produce a P-51 with a non-laminar flow airfoil.

http://www.aeroscale.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=208256

Yes, thanks for the warning, and I doubt the "countersunk rivets", aka holes, in the Trumpeter wing add to the laminar flow look much. One to avoid then!

Tony

They don't 'do' Laminar flow, I got the Trumpeter 1:48 Attacker just to have a look before starting the 1:32 one and the wings are the same. I think what they seem to do is work almost entirely off a side picture and guess the rest. The same errors on the Spifire canopy (1:24) and on this Attacker are present where from the side looks OK but from the front the shape is completely wrong. But they must have looked at a quite popular drawing for the engraving lines at the end of the project because they are present and correct.

Graham

Just end our suffering Revell.....put out a 1/32 F6F-3/5 (to the level of quality/standard of your recent releases) and make the model world rejoice....and make yourselves a little money/increase your standing in the industry. 

And...oh yeah....a P-51B would be nice as well!!

Cheers

Collin

Cough * cough * .... Radu did you hear that?? :)

I'm fairly confident in suggesting Revell has the wrong guidance in releasing future kits.

Boldly suggesting this here in an open forum. Not to offend anyone, anywhere politically speaking here. Whatever.

This annology is like witnessing an awesome company make a wrong business decision. Time and again. A comparison to Airbus banking on the A380 success. Really? A disasterious decision on a colossal porportion. Ten years later and they're committed to one airline demanding they do a NEO (new engine option) A380 to keep that bird in production. Production level 1 a/c per month is an awesome achievement after ten years.. (Hello)! A Hajj runner after a ten year lease period is not an achievement. I can assure you. The cost to retrofit a passenger A380 to a cargo flyer. Oh my, that's another brilliant non starter. Beautifully done aircraft that is, well".........you decide.

Revell, please read the messages from all the mere mortals and listen to the people that will actually purchase multiple kits "if done properly". I want a proper well produced P-51B/C in my life time. Just begging here obviously. Please?

Just end our suffering Revell.....put out a 1/32 F6F-3/5 (to the level of quality/standard of your recent releases) and make the model world rejoice....and make yourselves a little money/increase your standing in the industry. 

And...oh yeah....a P-51B would be nice as well!!

Cheers

Collin

Yes, a beautiful Hellcat in a £30ish box would be lovely.

Tony

There have been rumors about HK Models working on a P-51 B

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=59054

If this is in fact the case, then my answer to the question of this topic is: No, I don't want two manufacturers parallely working and spenting their resources on the same subject.

Nobody knows who or how many manufacturers are 'working on' a B/C

but if RoG does one with the same quality as their new D for < $30 USD,

they will dominate the market. :punk:

P-51B/C pictures(drawings 1/1) without comments? Just enjoy and stop complaining ^_^

P-51_B_Tail.jpg

1/1 drawing for Lope's Hope P-51C

P-51_B_Fuselage.jpg

1/1 drawing for Lope's Hope P-51C

P-51_B_Fuselage_3_D.jpg

Fuselage (main) according original ordinates 102-00005.

P-51_B_Armor_plate_3_D.jpg

Armor plate

P-51_B_Floor_3_D.jpg

Floor

some people already did the job for a "state of the art" P-51B/C

Edited by Ralph-D

Ralph please send these to Revell immediately please thank you.

This is an emergency !!! ...

:D :D :D

Drawings of Lope's Hope belong to an professional CAD designer who did it for Aircorps Aviation and complete P-51B ordinates can be purchase over the internet.

http://www.projects.aircorpsaviation.com/lopes-hope-iii-index/