Do you want Revell to release a new tool 1/32 P-51B??

alaninaustria

Finally that discussion is amusing. We do not know what Revell is currently preparing for 2020 and there is some probability some people are already working on that project but simply cannot talk about it. Wait and see. And if you are too impatient get the old B and the new D and just make one yourself!

This is where I think we may be out of step with major kit manufacturers.

I don't think that the B model does necessarily have a well known history to the casual modeller. The D is the prototypical Mustang model.

Having said that, my thesis is blown out of the water with Tamiya's treatment of their 1/32 Spitfire range, where they get a Mk.VIII, Mk.IX and a MK.XIV out. I'm amazed there is such a market for variances of the Spitfire - without touching earlier versions - whilst the Mustang is limited to the D?

All very strange.

Then they need to be educated how insignificant the D model was compared to the B/C and Thunderbolts (Razorbacks) in crushing the Luftwaffe really.. :)

I agree, it looks better, but it was not the ones who did the job and was the important model...

I seriously doubt that historical relevance (importance) plays 'any'

role in subject selection by 'any' kit manufacturer.

This is true or we would not have multiple models of the Do335 or Horten or anything Kurt Tank drew on a scrap of toilet paper......

Cool, sure, historically significant, debatable.....

Zach

This is true or we would not have multiple models of the Do335 or Horten or anything Kurt Tank drew on a scrap of toilet paper......

Cool, sure, historically significant, debatable.....

Zach

For some people scale models are just a bit of fun hobby, whereas for others it is like a shrine for "honouring" something historic. History/politics can be a minefield, one man's hero is another man's villain. Manufacturers tend to avoid the political angle, largely. Most manufacturers I know do what they do "because it will sell" or "because it is interesting" not "because it is historically significant". There are plenty of "historically significant" items that will never sell. 

Radu 

Yes I wish Revell could magically turn the 1/48 ICM MiG-25s into big scale Foxbats too. Alas, it's the small plastic put in a bigger box.

The 1/32 ICM I-16 Rata is a lovely model, so who knows what next? Could quite fancy a scaled-up Do 215 myself.

BTW, I asked Revell for a new variant Ju 88 C-6 *and* a new tool J.35 Draken. With two P-51Bs out there, why the clamour for a new one?

Tony

Yes I wish Revell could magically turn the 1/48 ICM MiG-25s into big scale Foxbats too. Alas, it's the small plastic put in a bigger box.

The 1/32 ICM I-16 Rata is a lovely model, so who knows what next? Could quite fancy a scaled-up Do 215 myself.

BTW, I asked Revell for a new variant Ju 88 C-6 *and* a new tool J.35 Draken. With two P-51Bs out there, why the clamour for a new one?

Tony

How long have you got?

With two P-51Bs out there, why the clamour for a new one?

Tony

The two that are out there are not that great. You don't see many Trumpy kits built for a reason. I am not always on the shape issues bandwagon but you don't need plans to see that they bollocksed the nose real bad and the interior is a weird mix of B and D features. Overall it is a bit of an abomination. The nearly 40 year revell B is better but not great shape wise but it is also a product of its time with a LOT of work to be done to get it up to modern standards? So good results have been achieved by grafting the Revell nose to the Trumpeter everything else and utilizing an aftermarket interior set but you are talking a metric frackton of work to get even a passable B. 

I could go on but as Dean noted......none of us have that much time.....

There is no good or acceptable B on the market now and to many of us it is a much sought after type. Hence the "clamor" for a new one. 

Zach

The two that are out there are not that great. You don't see many Trumpy kits built for a reason. I am not always on the shape issues bandwagon but you don't need plans to see that they bollocksed the nose real bad and the interior is a weird mix of B and D features. Overall it is a bit of an abomination. The nearly 40 year revell B is better but not great shape wise but it is also a product of its time with a LOT of work to be done to get it up to modern standards? So good results have been achieved by grafting the Revell nose to the Trumpeter everything else and utilizing an aftermarket interior set but you are talking a metric frackton of work to get even a passable B. 

I could go on but as Dean noted......none of us have that much time.....

There is no good or acceptable B on the market now and to many of us it is a much sought after type. Hence the "clamor" for a new one. 

Zach

The Trumpeter kit is worse than useless. No amount of TLC can fix the fact that they somehow managed to produce a P-51 with a non-laminar flow airfoil.

http://www.aeroscale.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=208256

DSCF1491.jpg