Do you want Revell to release a new tool 1/32 P-51B??

alaninaustria

Thanks for your clarification Radu. I hope you won't look upon my

'opinions' as any contradiction of your position. It's quite obvious

that you know what you are doing. I would honestly like to thank for

the time and effort you have put into this project.

I have 4 kits on pre-order as a way of expressing my appreciation :thumbsup: :clap2:  :bow:

Thanks, Mike! Don't worry, no offence was caused. I was just trying to explain how it is is impossible to make a "B" from this kit. 

Radu 

Hi All

I asked Revell for:

P-51B

AND

Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter, never produce at this scale, outstanding subject! my favorite and for sure a best seller for the brand...

Both in 1/32th .

Thanks to Radu and the others for explanation clarifying the "B"...

Have a nice day

Raph

If a P-51B is judged not a commercially viable subject, can someone please explain the single float Arado 196 to me? Please?

The original Arado kit sold out. It was immensley popular.

Revell decided to try and cash in, but wanted to do a new variant, to maximise sales.

So they looked at the single-float variant and saw that it was an easy change to make.

So they pushed the button on that.

It doesn't seem to be a popular kit, certainly widely available at low prices, when the earlier kit is not .

But if Revell looked at the marginal costings on a discounted cash flow basis, the comparatively low investment costs - because of the sunk costs invested in the original kit - would make it look an attractive option.

In other words, they'd not have to sell that many in order to be profitable.

Then again, they could have re-popped the original kit & chucked in some new decals for an even lower investment, but I assume they decided they'd not get sufficient sales?

I wish the old Arado was still around as I had not made the jump to 1/32 when it was out and missed it. Single float is not doing it for me as it was only a prototype which really limits the opportunity to build anything but the box plane. 

As to a P-51B, obviously the D has no bearing on this since there is little in common so it does not make it easier to do but if Revell wanted to release a B to the level of detail and relative price point of the D and their Fw 190's I would buy 5 without a second thought especially if the aftermarket decal guys got in gear for it. Hell if they wanted to do an A or an A-36 I would buy it to but I know I am just tripping with regards to that possibility but with the continued popularity of the lackluster HC Allison engine Mustangs there may be something there......

Anyway bring on a B someone, Revell, Hobby Boss, Tamiya.....

Zach

(certified P-51 addict) 

As long as we're asking RoG for stuff, how about a decent MiG-17?  The Trumpeter version has got a lot of problems, nobody (afaik) makes a resin version, and the -F served in a lot of places.  Plus, it wouldn't be that hard to also tool an -A (though I suspect it would appeal to a limited market).

Don't mind me dreaming here . . .

If a P-51B is judged not a commercially viable subject,

They 'have' judged it commercially viable. That's why they

released a 1/32 scale B six times between 1969 and 2015.

We all make mistakes. Why did they release the Ju88-A1 first ?

(with no bombs ?). The A1 is all over the place but the A4 sold out.

Nobody's perfect...especially me.  :wacko:

As long as we're asking RoG for stuff, how about a decent MiG-17?  The Trumpeter version has got a lot of problems, nobody (afaik) makes a resin version, and the -F served in a lot of places.  Plus, it wouldn't be that hard to also tool an -A (though I suspect it would appeal to a limited market).

Don't mind me dreaming here . . .

And this relates to a P-51B just how?

The exact same way post #5 about the Harrier does, or post #9 about the Hellcat, post #24 about the Beaufighter, or post #26 about various aircraft, or post #33, post#34, post #37, and so on.

Yuuup! This kind of fuzzy greasy all-over-the-place jackrabbit scatter-focus is exactly why Revell can't give the people "what people want." ☺ï¸

Why can't Revell understand that the people always want something else, anything else? ☺ï¸

Radu

Well said..

Yuuup! This kind of fuzzy greasy all-over-the-place jackrabbit scatter-focus is exactly why Revell can't give the people "what people want." ☺ï¸
Why can't Revell understand that the people always want something else, anything else? ☺ï¸
Radu

The subjects Revell has chosen in the past years were well accepted and we shouldn´t bother about the future in this respect - whatever they will select as the next project (Hurricane or F6F, Bf 110G, P-38, P-47, PC-9, Do 17Z or ......), what makes me bothering is if the standard that is set up with the P-51D (and the 262B)  can be maintained. The next proof is the F/A-18. I hope they got it: Quality first, not quick release.

While the flailing orange person certainly stands out to me.......your point is well made but if we can't discuss and even whinge about these things here than I think many of us would spontaneously burst into flames due to pent up excitement and anxiety  :whistle:

Ultimately Revell is going to release whatever and for the most part I have been pretty happy with their choices in recent years. The second Arado did not excite me but many others have been good or great with nice subject choice. So far nothing aside from the Arado with the single has really been off int he weeds so I suspect we can continue to expect that. I would hope a P-51B will materialize from someone soon as it is surefire winner with both the casual and LSP market due to its generally well known history. I am excited to see how Revell did on the upcoming Echo Hornet as I have a lot of enthusiasm for this subject too and we will soon be getting an idea of what may be coming our way next year as 2017 draws to a close. 

Zach

While the flailing orange person certainly stands out to me.......your point is well made but if we can't discuss and even whinge about these things here than I think many of us would spontaneously burst into flames due to pent up excitement and anxiety  :whistle:

Ultimately Revell is going to release whatever and for the most part I have been pretty happy with their choices in recent years. The second Arado did not excite me but many others have been good or great with nice subject choice. So far nothing aside from the Arado with the single has really been off int he weeds so I suspect we can continue to expect that. I would hope a P-51B will materialize from someone soon as it is surefire winner with both the casual and LSP market due to its generally well known history. I am excited to see how Revell did on the upcoming Echo Hornet as I have a lot of enthusiasm for this subject too and we will soon be getting an idea of what may be coming our way next year as 2017 draws to a close. 

Zach

This is where I think we may be out of step with major kit manufacturers.

I don't think that the B model does necessarily have a well known history to the casual modeller. The D is the prototypical Mustang model.

Having said that, my thesis is blown out of the water with Tamiya's treatment of their 1/32 Spitfire range, where they get a Mk.VIII, Mk.IX and a MK.XIV out. I'm amazed there is such a market for variances of the Spitfire - without touching earlier versions - whilst the Mustang is limited to the D?

All very strange.