otis252

USMC Skyray Release

There was a few post a while back of maybe a Marine Corps version of the Skyray, has this gone any farther. I'm right out the edge of buying one after reading the Killer Rays book, I'd definitely move on a USMC version. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Chuck

Chuck, I brought this up a year or two ago.  Paul said he would have some designed and printed up if enough interest was shown.

Unfortunately less than ten people showed any interest.  :(

Don't fret....I am thinking of printing up a catch-all decal for alternate stuff for some of my kits.A USMC Ford would be one  of the subjects, perhaps two.

If the decal sheet is laid out right it can be cut up into proper subjects and a number of nifty 'planes could be covered at reasonable cost.

Paul

So if I want to build the Skyray as a Marine bird, I'll be safe in going ahead and purchasing the kit knowing they'll be some Marine decals for it in the reasonable future?

Chuck

Posted (edited)

I know you got a lot going on with the "Fat Face" Spads, but any thing going on with the Marine Decals for this kits. Thanks.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

Ok Gents...

The way the decal thing is going cost-wise  I will most likely do sets of masks on a sign up basis, but first I want to know what two USMC ships are the most wanted....there's no point in doing the wrong one.Very often I find that the one I personally like the best is not the one that you, the customers want the most.Call it a character flaw....I like the oddball stuff.

Please pick your favorite two and throw them up here and we can see which ones will be the most popular.If I can get enough  people on the list I will proceed.I figure we need at least 25 buyers to make it work, although I have to get some idea of the art needed so Montex can quote me.