Sign in to follow this  
Luca

Slat wing set w/Tiseo for Revell F-4E/F kits

Hi Gary, I've noticed that the same item, designed for Tamiya, costs 15$ more than the one for the Revell F-4s (by your website online price/items list)...so which is the difference? maybe the retracted inner slat insert? (is it included in the set for the Revell pic, too?)

any pics? thanks.

2e4kuau.jpg

Edited by Luca

You guessed right.  The revel kit has the correct detailing and the mechanism fairings as part of the plastic kit.    Remember the Revell set is an enhancement set with fewer parts, where the Tamiya set is a conversion from a Hard wing and has more parts.

Kapisch??

Great Question,

Gary

Revell actuators fairings and outer slats/wings are poorly detailed IMHO....so I was wondering if there is a chance to adapt the Tamiya set.

cheers

The Revell outer wings are not accurate, but the detailing of the inner slat and the linkage fairings are OK.   TO good to cut the wing up in my opinion.  IF you want an inner set to try and adapt I can supply you with one for difference and shipping.

Where many go wrong with those linkage fairings is they want to place them large med small from the inside out.  This is wrong on the real jet.  The large one is inboard, the small in the middle position and the Other large one is on the outside.  

maybe I explained myself badly, but I'd like, in addition to the slatted outer wings, something like this (inner slats fully opened):

11.jpg

12.jpg

25.jpg

Edited by Luca

I have an open inner slat wing set in development,  It has not been released yet, look for it around Christmas time.   I have not established Pricing, and it will be sold with the outer wings sets only.  Of course if you have already purchased the outer wings The inner extended all be available.

Just keep asking every few weeks so I don't forget to post.

Thx

Gary

I have a couple of these sets for my IAF F-4E builds. I have had them for a bit. Are the ones mentioned above new or just a copy and paste of the text from the ones I have.  Thanks.

Rick

I have a couple of these sets for my IAF F-4E builds. I have had them for a bit. Are the ones mentioned above new or just a copy and paste of the text from the ones I have.  Thanks.

Rick

As I get the web site up and running,   We will be updating some of the descriptions.     What you have is latest set with the inner closed inner slats.

The extended inner slats will be a new set when it is released.  The Tamiya inner wing set will be sold only with the outer slat wing.   With the exception of those prior sales or when purchasing a new F-4G or F-4E ARN-101 Super Sets

The Tamiya inner wing set will be sold only with the outer slat wing.   With the exception of those prior sales or when purchasing a new F-4G or F-4E ARN-101 Super Sets

I've purchased a G super set for the Tamiya kit... so can I buy a opened inner slat set separately when it's ready?

Edited by Luca

Why would you need an new outer set? The slats are separate parts and can be positioned accordingly.   The slat angle when open is the same on the inner and outer slats.

Why would you need an new outer set?

don't like too much the Revell outer wing and his (molded in) actuators fairings

Edited by Luca

don't like too much the Revell outer wing and his (molded in) actuators fairings

We are talking about the Tamiya kit and your G Super set, so my answer is with respect to that model.   Obviously, if you are buying a new Revell Slat wing set you can get the open inner wing.  

any chance to see some pics of the F-4E slatted wing set (for Revell kit)?

I have 3 F-4F Revell kits sitting in my stash (from a long time) wich are claiming for inboard & outboard slats (and flaps)

cheers.