1/18 Fairey Firefly VX376

airscale

Been lurking around this forum for a while admiring the incredible work of so many, but your work Peter is something else! I’ve read through the entirety of all your other builds on LSP but figured I would finally sign up for an account and actually participate (if it can be called that) in this one. Happy to be along for the ride and watching one of the best at work. Keep up the good show! :goodjob:
Will

Lovely work as ever, Peter - nice paint job too, that tiny amount of scuffing beautifully sets off the detail.

To answer your earlier query - all fine and dandy my end thx, hope likewise with you and yours. Hoping to get some time back on my bench too after a very long break - got a couple of shelf queens that I want to dust off.

As ever, PM me if you need any graphics drawn up for this one, it’d be my pleasure.

Torben

hi again everyone & thanks for stopping by :)

On 8/15/2021 at 10:43 PM, Westland WhirlWill said:

Been lurking around this forum for a while admiring the incredible work of so many, but your work Peter is something else! I’ve read through the entirety of all your other builds on LSP but figured I would finally sign up for an account and actually participate (if it can be called that) in this one. Happy to be along for the ride and watching one of the best at work. Keep up the good show! :goodjob:
Will

Hi Will & welcome! thank you for taking a look, I expect like me, you will find your spiritual home in LSP - this place is just wonderful to learn, be inspired, laugh and hang out :)

On 8/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, TorbenD said:

Lovely work as ever, Peter - nice paint job too, that tiny amount of scuffing beautifully sets off the detail.

To answer your earlier query - all fine and dandy my end thx, hope likewise with you and yours. Hoping to get some time back on my bench too after a very long break - got a couple of shelf queens that I want to dust off.

As ever, PM me if you need any graphics drawn up for this one, it’d be my pleasure.

Torben

Hey Torben :) great to hear from you and do please restart with those shelf queens, always love to follow what you get up to :)

I have been messing around with lots of little bits, but it's ok as it's all in the cockpit and I just lurve doing cockpits :)

..I took a look at the seat - I started this back in 2018 and used the base part as a basis for correction

..it's made of bakelite sort of stuff and needed the sides building out for these sort of 'wings' on the sides..

Q4kkF6.jpg

..details, seams & rivets were added and the rear cushion made from milliput - the seams on this are lead wire and my sculpting skills are not very well developed :)

KgenNC.jpg

9m7psO.jpg

..then they were painted - lots of the tonal stuff seems lost in the picture..

dutSDv.jpg

..also made the adjustment assembly & lower mount struts..

FGjT3W.jpg

..and it sort of goes here..

q6TEnu.jpg

..then made up PE bits for various consoles and fittings - many of these are in layers, much the same as the instrument panel..

a95uIz.jpg

..after paint and decals I have a lot of work ahead still to do all the switches and knobs and make up the laminates plus glazing for those with dials..

b5GwQQ.jpg

..speaking of instrument panels, I made this one from custome PE, custom airscale decals I tacked onto a trade order and lots of bits & bobs..

..its as close as I can make it to the one in Steve Long's care in Oz..

BuiDfv.jpg

..yet to make the compass that goes in the compass stand..

9bCcpA.jpg

YZG0oS.jpg

..long way to go yet, but it sort of goes here..

fEddoY.jpg

TTFN

Peter